surefire e2d led

eric1975

Newly Enlightened
how come the new e2d led has 120 lumens and like the new 6p led only has 80 lumens and its the only one that has 120 lumens

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nobody here will have a definitive answer, you're going to have to ask SureFire about that. My guess is that they lowered the output on the 6PL due to customer requests for longer runtime and the limitations of the design. With they E2D, they probably do not predict people using the light for EDC as much as a dedicated self defense/backup light so they are willing to up the output at the expense of runtime. Just my guess.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're going to generation gap the P60L (and E2DL!) in a short while with the P61L which should push 200 torch lumens. It seems to me that they intended the E2DL and the P61L to be products of the same generation. Also, since the LED is built into the head, it seems like they should be able to do impressive things with the heat sinking on that.

LiteFan

Enlightened
Any Idea of when the P61L might be available? A P91L with a quad die would be cool even if it had to be a complete replacement head.