What's the most recoil-resistant light or system?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is/are the most recoil-resistant weaponlight/s, and how much can they handle? Would a custom build specially designed for heavy recoil be a good option?

P.S.: I won't be able to afford a SF :)broke:) , so don't go there. :D

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ohhh yes. :devil: "Don't go there" purchase recommendations are completely different from "Don't go there" eye candy. :drool: I almost got a chance to fire a .50BMG a couple months ago, but the owner moved away right before. :(

So, is there anything to watch out for in an LED weaponlight? Drivers, wiring, etc.? Anything that should be potted? I was thinking a compact 1x18650 P7 would be nice.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, is there anything to watch out for in an LED weaponlight? Drivers, wiring, etc.? Anything that should be potted? I was thinking a compact 1x18650 P7 would be nice.

If there's an inductor on the board, that NEEDS to be potted, anything else is optional, but probably a good idea.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why would you want such a bright light(or any light) on a sniper rifle?

For when show of force is more valuable than actual force, I guess.

EDIT: Or a toughest-case scenario of light mounting.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
For when show of force is more valuable than actual force, I guess.

EDIT: Or a toughest-case scenario of light mounting.

Evidently this set-up is beyond the test phase and Polarion is now working out the final stages for their crew supported weapon light for the Browning Heavy machine gun. Surefire has been successful with the Hellfighter even before than. These are military systems built for actual usage, not for show.

Tigerhawk, what's your spending limit?

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
You could always clamp a 6P LED onto whatever you're shooting.

Which firearm is this weapon light for, anyway?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Evidently this set-up is beyond the test phase and Polarion is now working out the final stages for their crew supported weapon light for the Browning Heavy machine gun. Surefire has been successful with the Hellfighter even before than. These are military systems built for actual usage, not for show.

Tigerhawk, what's your spending limit?

On the Barrett, I'd say it's for show/force multiplication by visibility. (Sniper rifle being the operant term in that case)

I know about the Hellfighter/Browning M2 combo and the Polarion CSWL. Those are on Surefire's and Polarion's respective websites.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only P7-18650 lights on DX are way too big for a handgun. Has anyone seen one that's a little smaller with a narrower head, or does the P7 pretty much need a huge reflector to get a reasonable beam? I'm okay with a wide spot, but no donut holes. :)