Upgrading H3 bulbs?

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, i picked up an el-cheapo set of foglamps on sale the other day and installed them... They should help pick up the lines on wet pavement at night in the firebird, but thats about it (but thats all I need).

Anyways, they are H3 12v55w bulbs with metal reflectors, tempered glass lens and resin housing. I was thinking of throwing some higher wattage H3's in there but not sure if its feasible. I'm thinking 100w may be too much (but then, I'm willing to try!); has anybody seen any H3 bulbs in the 75W range and of good quality? Definately not looking for "ultra bright super hite HID halogen" bulbs :eek:

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you've already built your own wiring harness that's up to the task(10awg wire, relay, etc.) then wiring should be your first step. Most cheapo fog lights come with ridiculously insufficient wiring harnesses. If you still want more after you upgrade the wiring, then you can try upgraded bulbs. It won't have cost you any more than you would have had to spend anyway; you'd have had to upgrade the wiring to handle the higher wattage bulbs.

A quality set of euro-beam driving lamps would probably serve you far better than a set of hot-rodded el-cheapo fog lights.

:buddies:

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps... I did consider ungrading the wiring toa relay setup, etc etc. Just don't realy fell like doing the work. I'll pretty much have to wait for the next rainy night that I'm out driving to see if its worth the money.