SF G2Z? help (pic's)

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
I already tried the search tool and it's not working for me so please be kind. I just got a new SF G2Z and I want to change out the lamp with a P61L lamp but I can't seem to be able to remove the bezel. It's vert tight unlike my SF 6PL. Please help.

Last edited:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: SF G2Z? help

Really? Odd. Tried removing the tailcap and batteries?:thinking:

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
Re: SF G2Z? help

Here are some pic's from my cellphone. Do I need to remove the glass in the first pic or does the whole head come off in the second pic like my 6PL?

0724082242.jpg

0724082240.jpg

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know on my G3 I can really torque the head down if I want. Maybe one of the machines at the factory is out of calibration? Or someone tightened it with a strap wrench? :shrug:

AzN1337c0d3r

Banned
First of all, the P61L isn't out yet. I think you're thinking of the P60L.

Second, don't be afraid to use some elbow grease into that little sucker, Surefire lights are tough. The bezel should come off just like your 6P.

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I meant P60L. Could I really boil my SF and not mess it up? Me and my wife have been tag teaming is bugger and it won't budge. AHHHH

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Rather than boil it, simply run it under very hot water for a minute. The heating of the parts may be enough to loosen them sufficiently.

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
Got any strap wrenches?

No I already took a little of the Surefire logo off with a regular wrench and a towel :mecry:, but I'm not to concerned, I just can't get it off. I'm going to leave it alone for the rest of the night before I blow it up. Thanks for the help guys.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a friend who's a mechanic? They'll probably have a few. I dunno maybe call SF that's kinda crazy, the head should come right off.

generic808

Enlightened
All the bezels of my three G2Z's were VERY hard to remove. You just have to get a VERY good grip and twist like there's no tomorrow. It will eventually come off. I remember way back when, I had the same problem as you and thought it was locked on. One day I just said, "F@$K it" and twisted with all my might, and what do you know :cool:

AzN1337c0d3r

Banned
No I already took a little of the Surefire logo off with a regular wrench and a towel :mecry:, but I'm not to concerned, I just can't get it off. I'm going to leave it alone for the rest of the night before I blow it up. Thanks for the help guys.

Wow. I'm gonna suggest your next step would be to boil it a couple of minutes as some poster said above.

Aluminum expands faster than fiberglass (which is what Nitrolon basically is or so I'm told) so it might be easier to crack loose.

When you figure out how to remove the bezel properly congrats on owning one of the best Surefire lights obtainable.