• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Help!!!!!!!!!

rlowe

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys:

I am building a very custom weapon light and I need some help picking a light head. I think that I want the light head to be Surefire e series compatible. I have only 1 cr123 battery in the battery compartment of this set up so the head must run on 3 volts. I would like this head as small as possible I like the looks of the Mule but I'm afraid it won't have any throw. I haven't been able to find any Mule beam shots. I'll make the adaptor for the head to the weapon, but I need a complete head. All I know about flashlights is some are bright, some suck, brighter is better and all tactical weapons need one. I am a police officer and part time gunsmith. This light will be for a customer. I am looking at the A19GD750 from the Sandwich Shoppe but it is actually a little larger than what I had in mind and I'd like a CreeQ5 or similar LED. A 30 minute burn time will be sufficient. I need someone to point me in the right direction or build me a custom light head.

Thanks.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
The A19 will probably not be too big IMO...
The Mule has NO throw...

If you read the specs on the 19 I think you will find it suffice.....:twothumbs

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can measure mine in about a minute...!

But it will not be on the mm. cause I dont own a caliper.....:(

Just the head then...?
You have a body...??

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
25mm. across and 39mm. from top to bottom...
Thats the head...

Sorry about the metric system.........:wave:

Edit#2: 25mm wide and 39 high....

Last edited:

rlowe

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Lumafist:

Yep Just the head I have or will make everything else. that is 1.54" long. It will be OK but smaller would be better.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Lumafist:

Yep Just the head I have or will make everything else. that is 1.54" long. It will be OK but smaller would be better.

You are welcome..!

I wish you good luck on the project and please keep us all posted.....:thumbsup:

Dont forget that a GD runs on RCR`s aswell....!
So you dont need primarys all the way....:wave:

Crash

Enlightened
half New Orleans, half Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I bought a McClicky Mule set-up modified by Milkyspit to have Seoul P4 at the bottom of a Floodmaster reflector. It will light up an eighteen foot wide wall end-to-end from 10 feet away or so from the spill light and have a soft center spot that gives it some decent throw on high. Having multiple levels is a huge plus for me and may suit your application as well since a ten fps strobe can be one of the levels you could choose.

Bill S.