P4 - natural or cool tint?

JG87

Newly Enlightened
Any advice on choosing between a cool or natural tint in a Seoul P4? The Luxeon 3 in my Lite-Flux LF1 needs an upgrade...

I suspect that the natural white LED might appear brighter to the human eye, lumen for lumen, since more of its light should fall within the peak range of the human eye response curve, but maybe not enough to make up for the total difference in lumens.

Does anyone have any experience with the natural white vs. the cool white Seoul LEDs? Any strong recommendations one way or the other?

Thanks!

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
When in doubt, you can't go wrong with the WO tint. It is not too cool (like the XO can be), and it is not as warm as the VO tint. With that said, my personal favorite is the VO tint. It looks great outdoors, and has been a good performer for me.

Any advice on choosing between a cool or natural tint in a Seoul P4? The Luxeon 3 in my Lite-Flux LF1 needs an upgrade...

I suspect that the natural white LED might appear brighter to the human eye, lumen for lumen, since more of its light should fall within the peak range of the human eye response curve, but maybe not enough to make up for the total difference in lumens.

Does anyone have any experience with the natural white vs. the cool white Seoul LEDs? Any strong recommendations one way or the other?

Thanks!

kurni

Enlightened
I have swo and svo; it's easy to differentiate side by side but not when one by one.

I prefer warmer tint like Cree 5A; svo although slightly warmer tint than swo I find svo little to no difference in spotting red objects.

JG87

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the advice. I ordered both a cool white U-bin and a natural white P4 from Mouser. However, there was no information available concerning the exact tint of the cool white one. We'll see what happens - I may have to find a better source for LEDs, where I can order exactly what I want.

I'm rather new at all of this, but if I can figure out how to post pictures, I may take some beamshots comparing the two LEDs.

John