MAXABEAM OR POLARION PH50

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
i have become lucky.......some money has come my way,

im not sure which to buy, i have a real bad addiction for flahlights, i do'nt think it will ever stop, the high started about 18-20yrs ago with a mag and died off for a couple of yrs, then i found this site and went mad, buying led's first, then realized that incans are brill, specialy hot wires!!!

now its time to buy a real light!

or maybe polarion or maxabeam is not the way to go.....maybe theres better options out there!!!

i like the modded barn burner 80watt....seen a few beam shots....oh yea!!!

i want something in the polarion size range, i dont wanna go to big,

spot would be preferable or focus option would be goo, i think the maxabeams have focus, im not to sure there is so many options!

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Such different amazing lights.

Id personally go with the PH50- its more practical & better suited for the average person. & average tasks.

Not sore what 80w Barn Burner you mean, but its almost impossible to get those anymore-super rare one time light.

IMO I'm no longer interested in both of these lights. I personally believe I have much more fun with home mad lights that produce superior light output but cost much less.

IMO I prefer the look of the Xeray 50w HID. Its far cheaper too.

Good luck choosing & buying. :)

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
while I don't own either, id say in terms of light output, they would be very close. IIRC the beam pattern is a little different between the two.

Patriot's PH50 thread here, has some comparisons. I cant find them as my net is running slow atm.

BVH

Flashaholic
Only the Xeray is focusable and it was in its "spot" mode. Both lights are very close in output. Both lights are great and you can't go wrong with either.

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd go with the PH50 and fast. As in Ken,s Polarion update post, they are receiving the last 20 PH50,s and then they will be going to 45,s only. I have a newer PH40 and it is fantastic:thumbsup:

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Commercially available, No.
There was talk of the MOAB. mother of Barn Burners- 100w + rumored
But it's now just become a myth. :(

Anything thats custom made with greater light output would be far less in quality IMO.

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
yea i might just keep my eyes open in the B/S/T or cpf!!!

thanks for your coments and advise!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
While both lights are great you're going to get more out of the Polaron. The Xeray company is really not concerned with retail customers. Polaron offers more versatility and future support for their products imho.