Battery question *Moved*

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi everyone. Stupid rookie question time. Can anyone tell me what's the difference, if any, between 123 lithiums and 123a lithiums? I just bought batteries for my Arc LS on e-bay, and was hoping they would fit/work. It said Lithium 123 in the title, but after reading further, the seller said they were for use in devices requiring 123a's. E-bay item # 1373105055. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Exact same thing. Full name is CR123 I think but yeah, they're all just the little stubby 3V batteries that belong in Cameras, but are being hauled over to torches more and more (Hmmm...maybe that will drive the price down
grin.gif
)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks! Saaby to the rescue! I was terrified that I had just bought the wrong thing. (and alot of them) Wheww!!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Now...what you want to buy (because they're usually cheaper) when you run out of 123s is CR223s (Or just 223) they are bascially 2 123s side by side in a plastic case. Pop open the case with a hacksaw (Carefully!) and out come 2 nekked 123s. Now you can't have your 123s running around nekked so wrap some masking tape around the bodies of them and voila! a 2x 123 battery pack for a fraction of the cost
grin.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not too bad of a price. $1.54 shipped. Check out this ebay seller. carguy21 . About $0.50 each cell shipped. You have to cut the pack apart to get the single cells out. I use a scroll saw. It takes me about two minutes each pack.
123=3v
223=2 cells @3v each
This will help you to run your NEW E2e and when they crap out in the SF you use the rest of the juice to run your LS. Neat, ain't it?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

That is some great info. I had no idea it was possible to that. I paid 10 bucks for a 2 pack of the energizer e2 123s! Looks like owning lithium cell flashlights is going to be more affordable than I originally figured. Cost was a big concern for me when thinking about that E2e. Thanks guys!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's like Saaby said. The more stuff that uses 123's, the lower the cost. I have seen 123's for $12 each and now the same store has them for $7.95.
Saaby. You beat me to the 223's on your post. Great minds think alike.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

There really are alot of great minds using this forum. ( I'm not patronizing, simply the truth). It's been a blessing finding it. Where else could you go, ask a simple question, and have it answered almost immediately, by people who know what they're talking about?
Too cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.