2009 run of 005's?

hamheart

Enlightened
i sure would like it if there was another run because i completely missed out on these. what is your opinion? :D

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
what is your opinion? :D

If Dave machined a flashlight out of soapstone, I'd buy it :wave:, so another 005 would be more than welcomed! :thumbsup: Although, I wonder if the 009 or 010 (or whatever the next Cool Fall light is) will have similar attributes to the 005, but in a more updated form with upgraded functions. :shrug:

For all the wonderfulness of Ti, my appreciation of aluminum lights has grown over the years, and my 005 is just as likely to be sold as my 007! :devil:

:popcorn: john

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure if it's worth the risk of tooling up for a Spy005 run. These were not cheap. I remember paying close to the price of a Spy007 for a Damascus head one:whistle:

I like the cuteness factor of the Spy005 myself but feel most of the guys are hooked on the masculine/executive look of the Spy007.

I might be willing to part with mine but the price would be dear which was the case when i initially bought them from Data:broke:

fasteddie

Enlightened
I own an 007 and a couple of 005's. I prefer the light weight of the 005 so thats what I EDC. Both of mine have chrome heads and knobs. I wish I'd hung on to one of the ti head 005's I had. I'd probably buy another 005 if it had new features or if I could get a al body and either a ti or damascus head and knob.

Last edited:

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Spy 007 is a great light; however the Ti was too heavy for me and i bought back my Spy005 :twothumbs
425592281_paZTy-M.jpg

77459168_GfXZQ-M.jpg

Last edited:

Rudi

Enlightened
To me the 007´s best feature is the o-ringed knob which gives far better control. If ever there is another run of the 005, I hope that an o-ring is fitted to the knob. Esthetically and weight-wise the 005 is tops, but because of the o-rings I carry my 007 despite its weight.

fasteddie

Enlightened
2009 spy = 005 lightweight aluminum in 007 shape with ti bezel and knob . Hows that? Works for me. :paypal:

Last edited:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
To me the 007´s best feature is the o-ringed knob which gives far better control. If ever there is another run of the 005, I hope that an o-ring is fitted to the knob. Esthetically and weight-wise the 005 is tops, but because of the o-rings I carry my 007 despite its weight.
How about a slotted groove all the way around the middle of the knob that would give better grip and allow for an O-Ring to be used or removed if not wanted. Personally, I think that the original design is simply beautiful but I don't own one so I can't comment on the knobs function but I think that the dual O-Ring would take away from the aesthetics of the light.

2009 spy = 005 lightweight aluminum in 007 shape with ti bezel and knob . Hows that? Works for me. :paypal:
That sounds like an aluminum run of 007's, not an 005.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Just judging from the pictures I have always preferred the looks of the 005 body, but like the head and knob of the 007, although I think the knob would look very nice with just knurling and a slight bevel on top.