Comments on the Solarforce and G&P heads

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
There seems to be a bit of discussion about the different "C" heads and the "gap" they may or may not leave with various bodies and D26 drop-ins.

Solarforce head has a built-in ring that makes sure the lamp does not rest on the glass lens. As a result the inside depth is constant and not adjustable and can be a hit and miss with drop-ins as far as gap issues. The advantage is that the Malkoff M30/M60 plastic lens does not sit on the glass but just above it.

The G&P head does not have a built-in ring and the lamp sits against the glass lens. Not a real problem except that its not a good idea to use the Malkoff units in this way, plastic against glass, combined with heat may be an issue. The upside to this unit is that depending how you assemble it, you can create more space/depth inside the bezel allowing a better fit for the longer D26 drop-ins........the choices are;.......bezel, glass, rubber ring, retaining ring.....for less depth.......or.......bezel, rubber ring, glass, retaining ring....for maximum depth inside bezel.

So, for standard units and Malkoff's, I would go for the Solarforce.......and for other longer drop-in units not wanting the "gap" I would go for the G&P head.

There are many ways that the "contact" can be guaranteed inside these lights. Some use the alfoil, some the copper ring supplied, bits of wire or in my case a full or cut down outer spring from a D36 lamp or a D26 LED lamp.

Hope that this is of some help.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
:thumbsup: Good job.

I am loving my Solarforce bezel. 0 gap running a Malkoff in a Leef 2X18650 body for me but it can be hit or miss.

The manufacturer tolerance on all these parts can come together perfectly or terribly.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
G&P includes a separate metal spacer ring which is a simple drop-in. The spacer ring allows the M30/M60 optic to stand off from the inner surface of the bezel window. G&P also includes both a crenelated bezel ring and a plain retaining ring.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
G&P includes a separate metal spacer ring which is a simple drop-in. The spacer ring allows the M30/M60 optic to stand off from the inner surface of the bezel window. G&P also includes both a crenelated bezel ring and a plain retaining ring.

This is correct.......cant remember if Solarforce also supplies the ring.......I have about six of them in a draw, for some reason I do not like using them, but they do add more options to the depth in both bezels.