McLux Circuit Replacement

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
On the McLux TK units, is it possible for the BB400 to be swapped out with a circuit of another's choosing or is the bezel designed in such a way that the LED and/or circuitry can not or should not be messed with?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
T.I. Nascar,

I believe Leo put the BB's in the TK's with permenant bog. Probably not replaceable. In the DIY parts, you can do what ever you want. I think you will need to build one of these up from scratch yourself! ;-) I think Carpe wants to come over and have a mod party with you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you could always bore the bog and curcuitry out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
T.I. Nascar,

I believe Leo put the BB's in the TK's with permenant bog. Probably not replaceable. In the DIY parts, you can do what ever you want. I think you will need to build one of these up from scratch yourself! ;-) I think Carpe wants to come over and have a mod party with you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

[/ QUOTE ]

Don...

With all due respect.

When it comes to buying mods (or any other flashlight for that matter), I may be easy, and I may be just like the girl who couldn`t say "No"...but I do have my standards.

On the other hand...what the hell.
Nascar! Where`s the mod party?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
nascar, Don's quite right. the TK's BBs are in there pretty much for good. Even if you could get the goop out in the pcb cavity, there's till the solder on the potted LED side to undo before you can replace the circuit. The TKs were built to be used, I guess you could say. For tinkering, the DIYs give you all the freedom you'd want for experimentation /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks. That's what I had expected, but I had to ask. I'll wait for the DIY to become available.

Carpe, we should probably have it over at Don's place, just in case we need "stuff".