why doesnt anyone ever mention this light......

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
The sauce micro lightwand. No not the MINI but the MICRO - the one with 4 lr44 cells. The one with a translucent window so it can be a torch and wand at the same time.

at first i thought the buttun cells would not last that long but after almost a year the same batteries that it came with are going strong!

And yet - it never recieves mention here.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I don't have (and have never heard of) one of these. The two models of Sauce lightwand I have run from 1x AA and 1x N cells. Never heard of a Sauce lightwand that runs on button cells. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
microlightwand-whitebg.jpg
MicroLightWand

looks like a fun thing... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, that's not much of a WAND, is it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif
Maybe they should call it a "LightThingie" or something. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

This must have been introduced while I was still...indisposed... or I would probably have gotten one for my website. Or maybe it's because I still don't have the ColorDial up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif (it was secret for awhile, but not anymore!)

I guess I'll have to buy a Micro LightWand myself and put it on my website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've seen this at the local Toys-R-Us, where I got a Light Wand and Light Saucer. I was afraid it wouldn't have much endurance using button cells. Good to hear it does.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Discovery Channel Store has 'em also for $9.95. Got my "significant other" one for her keychain, and she really likes it. Not blinding by any means, but puts out useful light and has a pretty good cool factor!

PJD

lightnix

Enlightened
I've had one since January and the light output is still OK. It lights up a glass of gin & tonic beautifully /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'd say Mr. Sesmesesles has zeroed in on the proper job for this task light. Cheers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
I have one of these, and it appears to me that the LED's are much brighter than the ones in my Sauce wand. I would think that with 4 x 1.5 volt cells, they are being driven at a higher voltage than the original Sauce Light Wand with its single 1.5 volt AA cell.

It has the exact same functions as its bigger sibling.

Very nice product indeed!

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: why doesnt anyone ever mention this light.....

I have one and I like it!
a funny gift, too, especially for females!
bernhard

Kristofg

Enlightened

Anybody know if and where these are for sale in Europe?

paulr

Flashaholic

I saw one of those at a party recently. Sorry to say but it seemed pretty bogus to me. I also heard of its manufacturer making some ridiculous patent claims about mixing light colors, so I lost interest.