suggestion: Similar to the L1T but for 30 bucks?

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Hi everybody,

i made friends with this one guy, and turns out hes a flashaholic, but doesn't have a real flashlight yet.

He saw my L1t ( the costco leatherman one) and likes it.

He liked the size, two modes, 15 and 98 lumen, easy to operate, water proof, and he likes the fact it takes 1 AA, he uses rayovac hybrids.

But he doenst like the price, i did mention that the costco bundle is 50 bucks and he gets a mutli tool. but seems like thats a no go.

he wanted the flashlight for around 30 dollars, i dont see that happening, is there anything else out there similar to the L1T for about 30 bucks?

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Thanks marduke! LOL sounds like that will be the most likely out come of this situation, just wanted to double check with the CPF community.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can still get the LumaPower LM33 from BatteryJunction for $25.

1 x CR123a, two-level clicky. Low-Off-High-Off. Not quite as bright as the L1T on high, comparable on low, maybe a bit brighter. But with a floodier beam..very nice for short range work outdoors. Runtime on high will be a bit longer than the L1T, runtime on low, considerably shorter (between 4-8 hours). It is a very nice light for $25.

Jaybird

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix E20 is $38.00

Two AA's, 109 lumens, XR-E, tailcap clicky, etc...

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why it is the light you describe does not exist is a real mystery. I think it needs to happen, and in the retail chains.

If he can live with 1 mode; the Target RiverRock 1xAA $24.

If he can go to 2 cell light; he would probably love an L2D, that were cleared out at just over $22 on Memorial day weekend. Watch Market-Place, I let one go for $25 shipped a few days ago. I think there have been a couple others.

He might like the EZAA, but more money. I ordered from a couple of places so once people I know make up their mind on EZ/L2D/LF2-XT then what's left goes on CPF-MP. only the L2D though would be less than 30, but a 1 cell body for it is only about $8-$12, watch marketplace for that too.

In general WATCH CPF-MP and grab him a good deal.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can still get the LumaPower LM33 from BatteryJunction for $25.

1 x CR123a, two-level clicky. Low-Off-High-Off. Not quite as bright as the L1T on high, comparable on low, maybe a bit brighter. But with a floodier beam..very nice for short range work outdoors. Runtime on high will be a bit longer than the L1T, runtime on low, considerably shorter (between 4-8 hours). It is a very nice light for $25.

+1 for the LM33 nice floody light with a friendly price.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might be able to find an older version of the olight t15 on sale. some of those went pretty cheap. They also are of good quality and functionally similar to the fenix light.