But was it a Surefire?

rwolfenstein

Enlightened

Turns out a flashlight made it through a jet engine on a fighter pilot and that destroyed it. The question is, was it a Surefire?

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
The report is publicly available

There is so much unnecessary bureaucracy, it seems like 90% of the time they are filling out paperwork instead of working, which is depressing. I mean ALIS

The brand of the flashlight remains unknown, but it definitely must be metal to ruin the blades. He could crush a plastic flashlight as easily as bird

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it was an Elzetta it probably still works.
Don't give those crazy guys any ideas. They were dangerous enough with a chopper. I don't want to see them anywhere near an F35.

BTW: They should've saved their money on that helicopter rental. This is what got me to buy their product. See that '5' in the right-hand sidebar?:

@rwolfenstein - Ever see that on a Surefire package?;-)

IMG_7455.JPG

BTW

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Don't give those crazy guys any ideas. They were dangerous enough with a chopper. I don't want to see them anywhere near an F35.

BTW: They should've saved their money on that helicopter rental. This is what got me to buy their product. See that '5' in the right-hand sidebar?:

View attachment 56334
BTW
I own an Elzetta and I do believe it would survive a trip through a jet engine.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I own an Elzetta and I do believe it would survive a trip through a jet engine.

View attachment 56334
BTW
There's video where a guy dropped one from like 150-200 feet lol still worked just fine.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's video where a guy dropped one from like 150-200 feet lol still worked just fine.
I know, and that's sold lights to many people, and I understand why. I prefer 6 lights on 6 axes each on hardened concrete slab from 5 meters in a lab, with all the hits confirmed, without a failure. That sold one to me. That lets me compare it with other lights...but I'm in electronics, so I live and die by standards. Now they have all their market covered. They're very smart now. Hat's off to them.

SF???

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I know, and that's sold lights to many people, and I understand why. I prefer 6 lights on 6 axes each on hardened concrete slab from 5 meters in a lab, with all the hits confirmed, without a failure. That sold one to me. That lets me compare it with other lights...but I'm in electronics, so I live and die by standards. Now they have all their market covered. They're very smart now. Hat's off to them.

SF???
So you do like elzetta lights? I getting confused 😁

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you do like elzetta lights? I getting confused 😁
Either I have mis-typed, or you have mis-read. Either way, I've consistently praised Elzetta in this thread. Here, I'll even add another bit of praise just to prove it.

Not only did they sell me that Alpha with that card showing an FL1-compliant Impact Rating of 5 meters (five!) in correct format, they also supply me with not one, but two excellent output / time graphs for that specific light (different time scales) on their web site.

They are setting the standard. I am suggesting that other manufacturers should step up to the plate and follow their lead, perhaps starting with the one in the title of this thread.

Hope that clarifies things. Elzetta is two big 'thumbs up' with me for what they're currently doing, which in some ways is segment-leading stuff.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
So, a flashlight takes out an f35 and you think it's an American one?
Obviously a Chinese flashlight.
The UK article did show a fenix flashlight and the article said a flashlight similar to the one pictured.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Either I have mis-typed, or you have mis-read. Either way, I've consistently praised Elzetta in this thread. Here, I'll even add another bit of praise just to prove it.

Not only did they sell me that Alpha with that card showing an FL1-compliant Impact Rating of 5 meters (five!) in correct format, they also supply me with not one, but two excellent output / time graphs for that specific light (different time scales) on their web site.

They are setting the standard. I am suggesting that other manufacturers should step up to the plate and follow their lead, perhaps starting with the one in the title of this thread.

Hope that clarifies things. Elzetta is two big 'thumbs up' with me for what they're currently doing, which in some ways is segment-leading stuff.
Growing up in the LE side, Surefire was king and Streamlight or Pelican were issued because they were cheap (also most of the time the cheapness came from the chinesium they were made of). Are there really good offerings from other companies that in some regards are better? Sure. However, my 6PD has gone to hell and back and still ticks. Probably because its a simpler design than the newer offerings. I have a Fury with an 18650 that I am waiting to stop working (based upon others review) but it keeps ticking. So as always for folks, your mileage may vary. Surefire, specifically the 6PD, holds a special place in my heart.