Titanium powermax batteries?

Sciatico

Newly Enlightened
Hello, new here!
Reason I joined was because, being a flyer of electric models, I just found out about the high discharge Titanium Powermax batteries. They seem ideal for electric flight instead of LiPos. Problem is, I can't get them here in Britain and the import taxes would make them as costly as Lipos.
Does anyone please know if they are available in Europe and
WHO MAKES THEM? So I can contact the manufacturers.
Cheers.

Sciatico

Newly Enlightened
Yes, they're the ones. Problem is that shipping to GB not only attracts higher postage but also taxes get added at this end, so I want to know who actually manufactures them and if they're already available in Europe.

Alternatively, I'd also like to know of other AA batteries with high discharge currents (over 14 amps) that might already be available here. I think Eneloops are but what is their max discharge current rating?

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Titanium brand was owned by AmondoTech, which was acquired by Battery Junction a year or two ago. So, there probably isn't another retailer of the brand. I have no idea who manufactures the Titanium cells, but I assume it's not a single company, since there are/were also Titanium branded Lithium primaries, HID spot lights, etc.

Sciatico

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info!
Hmm, interesting... an alternative to LiPo for electric flight an no one filling the gap in the market. If only I could locate the mystery manufacturer...