Proud new owner of Zebralight H501w

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought I would just let you guys know my thoughts on the Zebralight H501w I received yesterday(from www.flashlightconnection.com). I have a decent little collection of nice lights and this is what was missing.

I can't imagine there being a better design for close distance work than this. The floody beam is very easy on the eyes. You don't have to move your head constantly to see what you are looking for. You also don't get blinded by a hotspot. This is such a practical beam for many headlamp needs. I have other headlamps that will throw but they are good for other reasons. This is far better for up close work.

The size, weight and headband are nice designs. This is not uncomfortable at all, and the ease of positioning the light in the holder is nice. The headband only having and needing one band is very nice. I have the Fenix headband which is not near as comfortable with a top strap as the Zebralight setup. I am impressed with how small the light is compared to other 1aa lights.

The UI is unique and took me a little to get used to it. It works well after some practice, as you can go to the lowest mode or highest with a single press. It is different than all my other lights, but I like it. It is nice to not have to press it all the time for a change. I am glad the strobe is hidden, because I never use strobe on any of my lights accept to play.

I bought this because I needed a dedicated headlamp for upclose work. If it weren't for all of the great reviews and comments on CPF I wouldn't have known so clearly that this was the right choice. I am very pleased and thank the fellow CPF crowd for helping people make good choices for the specific needs. lovecpf

For those of you who don't know, Jay at www.flashlightconnection.com is wonderful to deal with. Great customer service, fast shipping, competitive prices and gives us CPFers a nice discount. I highly recommend him. He is one of few who seems to really try to cater to those of us who demand the neutral white LED in our lights.:thumbsup:

fareast

Enlightened
Yay! Another ZebraLight fan!

They're fantastic eh?! I love using my H60w. I just cannot see myself travelling without it ever any more. I would have never bought a headlamp since I cannot stand to have one on my head but these ZebraLights are just so incredibly versatile. For me the ZebraLights are more of a utility light/angled flashlight than a headlamp.

Anyone travelling should have one of these and a good thrower and you're basically all set.

Mikellen

Enlightened
I received my Zebralight H501W a few days ago from flashlightconnection and I totally agree with everything the OP stated.
Its a great light that I assume will be very useful. I also have an H50 which I like a lot too but since I prefer the warmer tints I plan on using the H501W a bit more. I've designated the H50 for use inside the house and the H501W for work.
I just hope the H501W turns out to be reliable. Only time will tell I guess.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay! Another ZebraLight fan!

They're fantastic eh?! I love using my H60w. I just cannot see myself travelling without it ever any more. I would have never bought a headlamp since I cannot stand to have one on my head but these ZebraLights are just so incredibly versatile. For me the ZebraLights are more of a utility light/angled flashlight than a headlamp.

Anyone travelling should have one of these and a good thrower and you're basically all set.

I agree about the versatility. The clip they included with it is perfect. You can clip it to your pocket, shirt, belt, etc. Also, you can set it down and rotate it to point to where you need it. It is versatile, indeed. I really see why Zebralight owners rave about these and suggest them so often. It is also so compact that it fits in my pocket without being very noticable. I am glad Zebralight thought outside the box and created such a practical and versatile light for us!

dealgrabber2002

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wish they will make one that offers throw with a built-in diffuser so I can have the option of using flood or throw.

BTW: the lumen rating for H501, is it OTF? I remember H30 was rated OTF.

Last edited:

Desklamp

Newly Enlightened
Congrats!

I am new here, so please bear with me. The ZL H501w has really caught my attention, mostly because of its "warm" spectrum. (Reading rave reviews like this doesn't hurt either) Like a lot of other folks, the blue colored light is my main beef with most LEDs.

Question: Is that "warmer" light accomplished with truly different LED technology, or do they simply filter out a bunch of the blue end of the spectrum?