LED lit display case

marklein

Newly Enlightened
I don't imagine the people here will get too excited about this since it's neither portable, Luxeon powered, nor puts out enough lumens to land planes by, however it turned out so nice that I had to share it anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Gasp in awe of my Nichia illuminated display case!

case1.jpg

Nichia and tail shot of my favorite fossil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif :
case2.jpg

Typical display case lights are halogen and often run close to $100. Silly when the case itself only cost $40. Instead, two 50 degree Nichias for each level, angled in from the sides and hidden by the wood molding that composes the case. A hidden toggle switch at the top extends just a few millimeters from the case and a power jack at the bottom for the wall-wart finshes the setup. Total cost: $25.
You may now return to blinding each other.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I like it.

Portable lumens are nice but my favorite area is still stuff powered by mains and those rediculously efficient Nichias. Can you power a Luxeon for several (5+) hours with a single AAA battery? I don't think so...

zmoz

Enlightened
Oooo...prettyfull. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Come on...put a few 5 watt'ers in there! You know you want to... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

nice looking collection too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of power supply did you use? Now that I've seen that, I've got some ideas cooking up in my little noggin. I've got a few projects that I could do....

-Jason