Old Magchargers

tundratrader

Enlightened
I have my hands on lots of old magchargers that have come out of our work trucks over the years. Some have broken lenses others switches and things like that. Is there any fixing these up of should I just chuck them out? I dont really care to keeps incans around but dont know of any led solutions for these. So if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks
Zach

Spydermonkey

Newly Enlightened
Don't throw them out! Someone here will will take them, I could use a "rescue" project. PM me if you wanna unload one.

mdhammack

Newly Enlightened
Don't throw them out! Someone here will will take them, I could use a "rescue" project. PM me if you wanna unload one.

+1 if you wanna get rid of any!!

but to echo above, try the terralux LED setup and you can purchase lenses for about 2.50 here..... http://www.zbattery.com/Maglite-Rechargeable-Flashlight-Replacement-Glass-Lens?sc=7&category=1289

and here's the terralux http://www.zbattery.com/TLE-100-MiniStar10-5-Watt-LED-Upgrade-for-Mag-Charger?sc=7&category=1289

SneakyCyber

Newly Enlightened
If you have any left over let me know if I have the cash I will take one.. I have been looking for a host for my next project.

tundratrader

Enlightened
I will get these together this week. I will report on condition of them. I think they will break down and fit in a small flat rate box. I will scrounge the shop they are littered everywhere. I will let you all know.
Thanks

Zach

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
I will get these together this week. I will report on condition of them. I think they will break down and fit in a small flat rate box. I will scrounge the shop they are littered everywhere. I will let you all know.
Thanks

Zach

I'm a little late chiming in here, but I'd recommend you at least keep a good (relatively speaking) one for yourself to play with!

That said, if there are enough, I'd be interested in one. :)

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could use an extra cradle. Heck if you've got enough parts to cobble together an extra light, I'd be interested too.

As a side note, these would be difficult to upgrade to led with proper heatsinking. But that does not mean they are obsolete. The MC85 upgrade can still hold it's own and then some. Tons of throw, instant on, and approx 1000 lumens for 45 minutes, and the battery can even stay in the light for charging. I'd venture to say a mc85 will outhrow any similar sized led that does not use an aspheric lens.

Last edited: