PolyStinger to the rescue!!

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
So, the phone rings....."Help, I'm outa gas!!!"

My buddy calls me up and tells me he's in a bad spot for running outa gas, in between the right lane of a 3 lane intersection and a highway on-ramp, almost blocking the on-ramp to a major highway in my town, during rush hour.

Ok, "I'm on my way!!"

Since I was less than prepared when he called, I didn't have my trusty EDC P2DQ5 on my belt (duh!!:ohgeez:!! ) I grabbed my faithful incan PolyStinger, sitting on it's charger just waiting for such a situation. Picked him up, got 5 gallons of gas, and let him re-fill the tank while I directed traffic around him. To make matters worse, his battery is dead........D'OH!! Broke out the jumper cables, his truck is a 22 year old 460 carb engine, so it took some time to charge the battery with my truck and prime the carb. Several cranks later, still no start.

Then the cops showed up, they took over the traffic duties while I shined the Poly on the carb. He then tries to prime the carb by dumping gas right down the carb, not the smartest thing I've seen, even the cop got nervous. Small puff of smoke comes out of the carb, RUN AWAY!!!

So a second cop shows up, and the first shines his M@g Charger on the situation. I was quite impressed with the M@g Charger, out did my PolyStinger. HMMMMMM, I think to myself, maybe a magcharger is worth a second look. When I bought the Poly, I chose it for it's size and streamlight's reputation, and rechargabililty.

After 20 minutes, the Poly was getting a little hot at the head, but I was still impressed with it's performance, nice tight hot spot, but with good flood, and reliability. I felt that my EDC P2DQ5 might have been only a backup if the need arose.

I've been a long time fan of M@gs and will consider buying one in the future. But, the streamlight fit the bill tonight!!!

Last edited:

MiniMag_Crazy_Greg

Newly Enlightened
Quoting myself again!! I love tooting my own horn!! :poke:

So, the phone rings....."Help, I'm outa gas!!!"

My buddy calls me up and tells me he's in a bad spot for running outa gas, in between the right lane of a 3 lane intersection and a highway on-ramp, almost blocking the on-ramp to a major highway in my town, during rush hour.

Ok, "I'm on my way!!"

Since I was less than prepared when he called, I didn't have my trusty EDC P2DQ5 on my belt (duh!!:ohgeez:!! ) I grabbed my faithful incan PolyStinger, sitting on it's charger just waiting for such a situation. Picked him up, got 5 gallons of gas, and let him re-fill the tank while I directed traffic around him. To make matters worse, his battery is dead........D'OH!! Broke out the jumper cables, his truck is a 22 year old 460 carb engine, so it took some time to charge the battery with my truck and prime the carb. Several cranks later, still no start.

Then the cops showed up, they took over the traffic duties while I shined the Poly on the carb. He then tries to prime the carb by dumping gas right down the carb, not the smartest thing I've seen, even the cop got nervous. Small puff of smoke comes out of the carb, RUN AWAY!!!

So a second cop shows up, and the first shines his M@g Charger on the situation. I was quite impressed with the M@g Charger, out did my PolyStinger. HMMMMMM, I think to myself, maybe a magcharger is worth a second look. When I bought the Poly, I chose it for it's size and streamlight's reputation, and rechargabililty.

After 20 minutes, the Poly was getting a little hot at the head, but I was still impressed with it's performance, nice tight hot spot, but with good flood, and reliability. I felt that my EDC P2DQ5 might have been only a backup if the need arose.

I've been a long time fan of M@gs and will consider buying one in the future. But, the streamlight fit the bill tonight!!!

As a small side note, tonight, I was called in for jumper cable duty, AGAIN!!, but for a neighbor in my apt. The people in question were outside my apt window for 20 minutes debating on how to get their car going. Once I heard "......need jumper cables..." I grabbed my DX WF-400 (yes I know, an LED light, but fits with my original post) and my cables from my "rescue" truck and the "stranded people in question," were amazed that I had BOTH cables and a flashlight. :candle: 45 seconds later, they were on their way.

Moral of the story, have the right tools at the right time, and the illumination to get the job done!!

:grin2:

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Good story. Yeah, good flashlights come in handy. I like the use of an incan light outside, and it helps give good visuals of what's going on under the hood.

Bill

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
What highway was it an on ramp for? I might know the area.