"Eye Searing" brightness for <$40

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
\"Eye Searing\" brightness for <$40

Howdy!
I'm looking for the brightest light (incan. prob.) with nice long throw (no flood) for under $40. I have the Pelican M6 and Princeton Tec Surge in mind as the two best, but which is brighter? Any other inexpensive powerhouses out there that put out 100+ lumen? THANKS!

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:

I think Pelican lists the M6 at over 100 lumens, but I doubt it does. The Surge DOES put out a zillion lumens.

It is quite amazing for the price.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:

The Surge with alkys is very very bright and white initially, but it drops off very quickly to a yellow beam. It's the best bang for buck in a brightness versus price situation. The focus could be tighter though, I was trying to fit a texturized mag reflector in, but am not too sucessful.

The M6 is smaller and should be just as bright, but it eats lithiums.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:

G-2 with P61.
The G-2 is running around $30.00 these days and you can get a P-61 for around $20.00 or less.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:

For $20, why not this:

0061797700207_215X215.jpg

"Inexpensive Powerhouse" pretty much describes spotlights to the lumens...

nightgaunt

Newly Enlightened
Re:

Yeah, I guess I should have specified no spotlights! I have one, and am looking for something a bit _smaller_!
Thanks for the suggestions...

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
Re: \"Eye Searing\" brightness for <$40

I only have the Surge and at tight focus it will throw a pretty good distance maybe 150 feet probably more. The Surge also has the benefit of working well with Nimhs.
You might want to take a look at the Uke SL6 The SL6 is supposed to be putting out more overall light with a more narrow beam and should easily outthrow the Surge.

Do a search for the various lights in this forum, you'll be reading for hours /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re:

Then I'd say your best bet may very well be a PM6. At $40, it's the farthest throwing light I have that's under that price cap, and it's an awesome, beefy little light to boot.