• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

* * * * Now at the Shoppe: PM6 Modules.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
modules.jpg

The upper part is the original Pelican lamp module assembly.
The lower image is the new PM6 completed module assembly with a Luxoen LED and a Badboy converter board in it.

The new Pelican PM6 modules (McModule) as Charlie puts it is now available as DIY parts on the Sandwich Shoppe.

As all DIY parts, please read the installation instructions and get all the required parts to complete the assembly.

This is a 100% reversable mod.

More info

Detailed wiring installation:
Wiring instructions

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If I may make a couple observations..

I have now assembled these modules using all lumiled white LED's available and I think you will find that the PM6 reflector is friendly to all of them. The only LED that leaves a bit to be desired in beam, IMHO, is a 1W SE.

Wayne and I have both built modules now with the R2H HD's and wizard drivers and these are frankly pretty amazing! At 400 mA of current, The R2H has a higher lux reading than 5W lights of similar physical size. In addition to a good throwing beam with the reflector, in candle mode, the lambertian beam from the HD provides the best reading light I have encountered.

I have yet to confirm if an A19 extender will work on a PM6 but if it does, the 1W luxeons and wizard drivers will be open to 2xAA, 2xA and 3x123 battery combinations.

- Don

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo,
So, what you are saying is, I can get an R2 PM6 module and an A19 extender and run it on 2AA batteries? In your build, you said that the 30mm optic would fit in the head and provide the longest throw.
If so, sign me up for the R rank module, PM6, 30mm optics and the A19 extender /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh yeah,
Your site is down again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif That is OK though, I should get one order in before ordering more stuff.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
BentHeadTX,

I think we have some confusion here. The PM6 module Wayne is selling is without converter board and LED. You need to get them separately. You need to use a Wizard (buck/boost) for the various cell possibilities. I DO not know at present if the A19 is compatible but have one on order so I hope to know by the end of the week. I couldn't find the A19 on SF's site so I don't know if this is a discontinued part?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The other misconception is regarding the 30 mm optic. This optic would require a specific bezel that currently is vapor ware and likely to remain as such indefinitely. I believe Leo is considering offering a McLux based 30 mm optic head but he has been to busy to respond to queries so far.

Frankly, with the PM6 platform, I think you will find that the PM6 reflector does a very satisfactory job with the 1W HD's like the R2H's and I don't plan to apply my very limited resources towards a PM6/30mm head at present. I have other stuff in the pipe and CC bills that I am trying to ignore................. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Darell

Flashaholic
Don! You're killing me here. Now I can't decide if I should go with the 5W or the R 1W! Grrrr. I suppose the smart thing is to make two, eh?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Darell,

I'd go with the 5W now and wait for one of Wayne's "Bucky 500's" for the 1W module. You don't need the buck/boost of the wizard unless you plan to alter the cell configuration within the PM6.

- Don