multo li-ion cell charging ?

krawczuk

Newly Enlightened
i have a about 12 , li-ion 18650 , 3.7 volt batteries , 6 " sure fire "
types and 6 " gtl " brand.

is it possible to connect them all up in series ,in lots of two ( 7.4
volts) , then paralell them all together for more current ? charging
doesnt have to be at max , even min charging current will be fine.

i`ve had a decent look around on the net , but all i could find was
charging in 2 cell lots.

mark k

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, krawczuk.

What you are proposing is not a good idea for a number of reasons.

For one thing, charging batteries in series is not the best way to do it and can in certain circumstances lead to serious problems.

You also mention "Surefire" cells; Surefire do not manufacture Li-Ion rechargeable cells and you should NEVER attempt to recharge Lithium primary cells.

It is also very unwise to mix up cells of different make, age, capacity and state of charge.

I'm moving your thread to the Batteries sub-forum, where topics of this type belong and where others will be able to give you additional advice.

krawczuk

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF, krawczuk.

What you are proposing is not a good idea for a number of reasons.

For one thing, charging batteries in series is not the best way to do it and can in certain circumstances lead to serious problems.

You also mention "Surefire" cells; Surefire do not manufacture Li-Ion rechargeable cells and you should NEVER attempt to recharge Lithium primary cells.

It is also very unwise to mix up cells of different make, age, capacity and state of charge.

I'm moving your thread to the Batteries sub-forum, where topics of this type belong and where others will be able to give you additional advice.

hi, what about laptop battery packs , they have li ion cells connected in series , how they charge them. ?
mark k

DM51

Flashaholic
hi, what about laptop battery packs , they have li ion cells connected in series , how they charge them. ?
mark k
There is electronic protection circuitry incorporated in these packs to ensure the cells are kept in balance and not over-charged.