Best 18650 Charger

007adan

Newly Enlightened
I currently have the two battery 18650 charger from Dx. It gets the job done but I can't stand how the batteries sit in it. The springs are too long and bulge out a little bit. I know I could probably try to trim the springs back but fear that I will reck the charger. Is there anywhere to purchase a good dual 18650 charger that doesn't have this problem?

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
I use the 18650/CR123 dual battery charger. It can charge 2 18650 batteries, or CR123 batteries.

Its good for its price. Kinda cheap looking, but it gets the job done. No cons except for the LED on it is really bright and when there's no battery in it, it flash's green and red, witch could get really annoying. I still recommend it though.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.936

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
What is the advantage of the PILA?
Can I use un-protected cells it, and what is the advantage of that?

lightsandknives

Enlightened
What is the advantage of the PILA?
Can I use un-protected cells it, and what is the advantage of that?

One of the main problems with the li-ion chargers is termination of charge. Some of them tend to overcharge the batteries which will dramatically shorten their life. The Pila seems to have the most consistent record for terminating at the correct time.

007adan

Newly Enlightened
Who has the best deal on these chargers and is there a certain model that works the best?

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who has the best deal on these chargers and is there a certain model that works the best?

If you are referring to the Pila, there is only 1 model available. As for deals, check out the Marketplace, sometimes you can score a good deal on the B/S/T or get one at a good price from a fellow dealer.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you just want a great no frills, simple, reliable charger get the Pila IBC.

If you're a "techie" that wants MANY more options, you'd probably be better served buying a hobby charger such as the Accucel-6.

45/70

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought I'd throw in, for the most dependable and safest Li-Ion charger, go with the Pila. Yes there are other ones out there that may work, but the Pila is the best, as NutSAK said,

If you just want a great no frills, simple, reliable charger get the Pila IBC.

short of a hobby charger, which is quite a bit more complicated to get setup to use, and so you can use it, the Pila is the way to go.

Dave