• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Can a Ti McClicky pak be modded to two stage?

toby_pra

Flashaholic
Hello!

I have a KL4 MC-E sitting on a ti McClicky pak (2*123). :grin2:

Is it possible to mod the McClicky switch to a two-stage switch?

:candle:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I have never done the mod myself but did consider it a few years back. I believe you can short across the switch leads with a resistor rather easily. The results then would be that the clickie switch will cycle you through low and high and on and off would be by virtue of the twisty function of the tail cap making and breaking the ground path. :shrug:

toby_pra

Flashaholic
I have never done the mod myself but did consider it a few years back. I believe you can short across the switch leads with a resistor rather easily. The results then would be that the clickie switch will cycle you through low and high and on and off would be by virtue of the twisty function of the tail cap making and breaking the ground path. :shrug:

Hello Don!

Thanks for letting me know...:naughty:

I thuoght i could use the two-stage switch from the sandwich shoppe?

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Toby,
I wasn't paying full attention to your set up in my comment. The two stage switch from the sandwich shop will not fit in the Ti McClickie pak for starters. You can put a resistor of appropriate value on the McClickie switch and then in your rig, you would have to twist the head loose sufficient to break the ground path to turn the light off and tighten it back to turn the light on.