ESEE DPx H.E.S.T. Folder

Darwinsdead

Newly Enlightened
Thought I'd start a dedicated thread for this beauty.

Here's what has been officially released so far straight from the horse's mouth:

http://www.eseeknives.com/hest_folder.htm

FINAL PRODUCT FINISH AND MINOR DETAILS MAY CHANGE

At this time, all photos are rendered concept photos. Production prototypes are due to ESEE/DPx in September. Once we receive these prototypes new photos will be posted.

INFORMATION:

Introducing the ESEE DPx H•E•S•T /F (Hostile Environment Survival Tool / Folding)

For the first time the brutal, rugged feel and performance of the DPx H•E•S•T fixed blade has been engineered into a hard use frame lock folder. The D2 Tool Steel folder comes with a Titanium alloy frame, patented RotoBlock adjustment, removable glass breaker (with replacement smooth-head screw), hex-bit driver in handle/frame, and collectible stainless steel "Mr. DP" adjustment/multi tool. After a global search the firm of Lion Steel was selected to manufacture this knife based on their long heritage of quality, award winning folders. The DPx H•E•S•T folder is the collaboration of Robert Young Pelton (World's Most Dangerous Places fame) and ESEE Knives. The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is based on Pelton's hard time in dangerous places, ESEE's commitment to customer satisfaction and Lion Steel's mastery of manufacturing quality and tolerances. The DPx H•E•S•T Folder is designed and made for hard use in hostile conditions with the ESEE lifetime warranty.

MSRP: $ 252.31

EXPECTED DELIVERY OF FIRST PRODUCTION RUN TO DEALERS: December 2010 (date may vary)

SPECIFICATIONS

Right-hand and left-hand models
D2 Tool Steel Blade
Titanium alloy frame lock
Patented Lion Steel Rotoblock
G10 handle scale
Removable glass breaker (comes with replacement smooth head screw)
Hex-bit driver in handle
Stainless steel "Mr. DP" Skull Tool adjustment wrench / multi-tool for adjusting RotoBlock, pivot and glass breaker removal
Standard Paper Boxing with DPx Graphics

INITIAL DIMENSIONS:

Handle thickness (without clip): .541"
Blade thickness (Max): .187"
Overall length (opened / without glass breaker): 7.625"
Closed length (without glass breaker): 4.38"
Handle Grip Area: 3.80"
Cutting Edge length: 3.10"
Titanium frame thickness: .140"
G10 thickness: .140"
Weight: not determined at this time

LIMITED RUN - 250 serialized pieces (with special packaging) available only from www.dpxgear.com
STANDARD RUN (non-serialized) - Available from ESEE dealers.

As of right now only a couple dealers are taking preorders but they are doing so at $175.00!

hest-folder1.jpg

hest-folder2.jpg

Last edited:

steveG

Enlightened
Re: DPx H.E.S.T. Folder

As I already said in another thread... I dig it! If the "can opener" works like the Emerson "Wave Feature" I'm 100% sold!

carrot

Flashaholic

That thing looks like a beast. Seems like it should do ESEE knives proud. It's got quite a name to live up to though.

Darwinsdead

Newly Enlightened

That thing looks like a beast. Seems like it should do ESEE knives proud. It's got quite a name to live up to though.

I was reading somewhere that it's not actually made by ESEE and that the actual maker's were picked up by ESEE or co-owned or something along those lines.

The Sun

Enlightened

I was reading somewhere that it's not actually made by ESEE and that the actual maker's were picked up by ESEE or co-owned or something along those lines.

yes, it's made by Lion Steel in Italy......a very good company. :thumbsup:

Darwinsdead

Newly Enlightened

What is USN?
received thank you, response also sent

Last edited:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
I have a pre-order in at one of the internet retailers but if I can get a serialized one I'll either cancel that order or put it up for sale when i get it. This will replace my crappy Emerson for EDC.

Enlightened
Disclaimer: I have no affiliations with the below store..

If you don't want to drop the $175 for one up front, Knife Works is taking pre-orders without payment on the regular production ones, not numbered. I'm sure those are sold out anyway.
http://www.knifeworks.com/eseedpxhestfhostileenvironmentsurvivaltoolfolding.aspx

I just hope they don't allow over pre-orders and have more people than knives available. It's a gamble I'm willing to take right now.

This will replace my 551 Griptilian when the time comes. :devil:

The Sun

Enlightened
pre-ordered mine just now! :twothumbs Knifeworks is a great place as well! i've ordered quite a bit of gear from them! :D

Darwinsdead

Newly Enlightened
Put my pre-order in today as well. Kinda hesitant, not knowing anything about knifeworks. Now to see what's going to happen with the LE run...

The Sun

Enlightened
Damn fine looking blade. Pre-ordered also! Now, about that Crusader Forge.....

Give them a call and talk to them....GREAT people!!!! only two of them!!!:D it's a husband and wife venture. their knives are exceptional!!! better get on the list now though...last i checked there was an 8 month wait!

jellydonut

Enlightened
Hm, I don't particularly want the numbered one but the production variant, maybe..

It's between this one and the Izula folder that is also coming up late this year. The Izula folder looks to not have a 'Wave' notch for quick opening, and this one definitely does. Choices, choices..

Darwinsdead

Newly Enlightened
From the looks of things it looks like the LE variants are sold out (at least reserved). :poof:

Enlightened
From the looks of things it looks like the LE variants are sold out (at least reserved). :poof:

There were plenty of knives available even the day after. I was surprised it took that long to sell out. Don't worry though, there SHOULD be a few opening up. People made mistakes on their orders so some should get recycled back for sale but then again someone might be on a waiting list now.