Just got my SL TT 2L today.

gadgetnut

Enlightened
Okay, here's my very brief, first impression.
-The first thing that hit me was the size. This light is smaller than I thought it would be. It's actually going to be the perfect size for the purposes for which I bought it (mostly camping and hunting).
-The fit and finish are excellent. It has a very aggressive knurling on the body for grip, but no sharp edges. I got the titanium finish, which looks great. Very sharp looking light.
-After installing the two Duracell lithium batteries (supplied) the weight is surprisingly light. I won't mind carrying this at all.

Now it's time to turn it on! I took it down in my basement along with my old piece-o-junk 2AA no-name flashlight. If I close the door to my basement and turn off the lights, it's pitch black. The basement walls are white, so it's a great place to "test" a flashlight. First I turned on my old 2AA light (for reference), then I turned on my new 2L. HOLY CRAP! What a difference! The first click of the switch gave me the incan Xenon bulb. I can't believe how anemic my old light looks next to this thing. Okay, now it's time for the LED's. Ooooooo...cool. A nice wash of blueish white light. More than enough to light up your path or work on a task in the dark.
So far, I am very impressed. For $29.95, I don't see how you could go wrong. I'm happy.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

gadgetnut

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Told ya so! told ya so!

Mine was actually 33.95 + tax. But hey it WAS local!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, your comments on the TT series were a major factor in my getting one. Thanks for the tip! I'm so impressed with this one, I'd like to get the 1L and the 3C as well. Each will have a special place/use.
Greg at Brightguy was awesome. Great pricess, fast, polite and professional. What more could you want?

BarryNYC

Newly Enlightened
I like mine too. My one (very minor) complaint is that I prefer a switch configuration that goes from off to low to high, rather than the off to low to off to high that they use. Great light though.

-barry

DiamondCut2_0

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
Mine was actually 33.95 + tax. But hey it WAS local!

[/ QUOTE ]

Which store carries 'em in Houston(I assume that's what you mean by local /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif )? Thank you!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I got it at the Carters Country store in Pasadena. I would imagine (but no way guarantee!) that any of the CC stores would have it.

I don't have the reciept here, and may have payed near 40 for it, and they only had Black.

But I am VERY VERY happy I did!

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
"I'd like to get the 1L"

I have the 1L and the 2L. For the sake of saving an inch and an ounce in the 1L, I think you might be best to skip the 1L. My "eyeball" opinion , is the the 1L is only half as bright as the 2L - in both modes.

gadgetnut

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
..I have the 1L and the 2L. For the sake of saving an inch and an ounce in the 1L, I think you might be best to skip the 1L. My "eyeball" opinion , is the the 1L is only half as bright as the 2L - in both modes.

[/ QUOTE ]Hmmm...I'll take that under consideration. Thanks. I was thinking of the 1L for a few reasons. My wife's car has limited storage, and a crowded glove box. Also, the 1L is about $9 less than the 2L. What you are saying makes sense though. I'll have to think about that.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the 1 L, it's cuter than a bug, and twice as useful. It would put a 2 cell Mag to shame with its Xenon. $ 20, Ha, we spend more than that on batteries.

Nice lights, I have six now, and want more.