UK knife help required

vickers214

Enlightened
Hello,

Firstly I know nothing about knives and im not a collector or looking for anything special. What I need is a folding knife 3 or less (uk law) that is very slim line as in as flat as possible and not very wide as it is getting stored in a very small vest pocket.

Its use would be to cut a seat belt in an emergency so it has to be very sharp and easy to use under duress, although it probably (hopefully) never get used its a just in case thing.

I do not wish to spend much money £20 tops, and it is replacing a victorinox swiss army multi tool that I simply do not need anymore, ...WTT/WTS remarks deleted. Go to proper forum for that.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

kabayashi

Newly Enlightened
I got several "mini" UK/Germany legal knives.

Take a look at the Gerber Paraframe Mini, Spyderco Bug series (Grasshopper being the favorite) or the Buck Bantam nano.

But the Spyderco Bug Grasshopper should take home the bacon, even though it needs some resharpening.

Topheronetwoo

Newly Enlightened
Hey ,

If the main purpose of the knife is to cut seat belts why not go for a seatbelt cutter ? I would be a bit dubious about using a non locking knife in an emergency.

belfastbiker

Newly Enlightened
I got several "mini" UK/Germany legal knives.

Take a look at the Gerber Paraframe Mini, Spyderco Bug series (Grasshopper being the favorite) or the Buck Bantam nano.

But the Spyderco Bug Grasshopper should take home the bacon, even though it needs some resharpening.

Cheers for this, just ordered Grasshopper. The forums are going to be the death of my wallet.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to collect knives and have had many for EDC since I was a kid. After I bought my William Henry knife, I've bought no more knives. It is thin, very sharp, reliable (i.e. won't fold back on you) and expensive. Once you have one you'll know why they are expensive.

cw_mi

Enlightened
Hello,

Firstly I know nothing about knives and im not a collector or looking for anything special. What I need is a folding knife 3 or less (uk law) that is very slim line as in as flat as possible and not very wide as it is getting stored in a very small vest pocket.

Its use would be to cut a seat belt in an emergency so it has to be very sharp and easy to use under duress, although it probably (hopefully) never get used its a just in case thing.

I do not wish to spend much money £20 tops, and it is replacing a victorinox swiss army multi tool that I simply do not need anymore, ...WTT/WTS remarks deleted. Go to proper forum for that.

thanks

Have you looked at any of the knives from Farid Custom knives ? He's a knife maker from the UK, I'm sure he could get you something that is legal there. I just purchased one if his T5000 damascus/ titanium folders.

http://knives-uk.com/images/maker_galleries/farid/index.htm

[email protected]

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also in the UK the knife can't have a locking mechanism and even so some UK residents have reported customs seizing their non-locking Spydercos designed specifically to be within UK laws (Spyderco UK Penknife and Urban)

I would recommend a dedicated seatbelt cutter and a small swiss army knife like the Cadet.