Are there any websites like CPF dedicated to knives ?

cw_mi

Enlightened
Just looking for some more sites. I do go on Bladeforums but that is about it. Most of the talk on BF is about production knives or the latest tactical knife. I'm looking for something more about custom knives.

md8232

Newly Enlightened
Have a look at British Blades, they have many custom knife makers and it's a fun site.

Linko - http://www.britishblades.com/forums/forum.php

There was talk by Greta a while ago, about setting up a CPF knife site, perhaps we should badger her to get it going?

It's always good to read to the bottom of a thread. I was just about to add this link.
Haven't been there in years, but was a good site when I did visit.

slimshaneee

Newly Enlightened
I spend all my knife time on bladeforums. They cover the widest variety of knives it seems. From customs to productions.

Tacticals, fixed blades, slip joints. Even swords at times :D

cw_mi

Enlightened
I spend all my knife time on bladeforums. They cover the widest variety of knives it seems. From customs to productions.

Tacticals, fixed blades, slip joints. Even swords at times :D

I do spend a lot of time on BF as well. I did find a really good maker on their and ended up with 3 of his customs, and one from another maker but most of the talk on there about production knives.

I did find this site, and it leans more towards really high end customs. Lots of good info and makers here.

http://www.customknivesandguns.com/ckgforums/index.php

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are knife forums and then there is the USN = Usual Suspects Network. We require a private email address to register but it is the most rewarding forum on the web IMO. There is also a good amount of USN brothers and sisters that are members here which says a lot about the integrity of CPF as well.

cw_mi

Enlightened
There are knife forums and then there is the USN = Usual Suspects Network. We require a private email address to register but it is the most rewarding forum on the web IMO. There is also a good amount of USN brothers and sisters that are members here which says a lot about the integrity of CPF as well.

I've actually tried to become a member of the USN. Got thru the aplication process, and am able to log in. When I log in I get this message :

cwmi, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I guess it's probably a good thing I can't access that site, I'd really be broke If I was able too LOL

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've actually tried to become a member of the USN. Got thru the aplication process, and am able to log in. When I log in I get this message :

cwmi, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
I guess it's probably a good thing I can't access that site, I'd really be broke If I was able too LOL

PM sent!

chaoss

Enlightened

Same problem here, i finally just gave up. It's like you need a secret handshake to get in and play.

Tim W

Enlightened
Same problem here, i finally just gave up. It's like you need a secret handshake to get in and play.

Yeah, maybe, but it beats the living H&LL outta bladeforums, where if you say ANYTHING that goes against what some "expert" says, you'll be banned so fast your head will spin!:sick2:

CPF and USN all the way!

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
AAPK (All About Pocket Knives) is a great sight with heaps of info. and help: Some of the older collectors have staggering collections of quality pieces that blow me away.