Longbow PR head with XML

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had this combination for a few years without any motivation to mod it with any of the new LEDs, that is until the Cree XM-L came along.

The Longbow sports a PR head from the Sandwich Shoppe, it's powered by one 17670 through a 3 speed board(Max 1.4). I didn't need a super pocket rocket but this light does put out quite a lot of light.

Anyway now that this beatiful light has a new lease on life, time for the pictures.

sdc10114small.jpg

sdc10115small.jpg

sdc10116small.jpg

sdc10117small.jpg

sdc10120small.jpg

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome mod! Can you post up any white wall beamshots to show how the XM-L plays with the McR27 reflector? :grin2:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome mod! Can you post up any white wall beamshots to show how the XM-L plays with the McR27 reflector? :grin2:

Thanks! I am at work now and get off at 11EST. If I get a chance to get some shots tonight I will, otherwise it will be tomorrow.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
The first 3 pictures are from about 6 feet and the last one is about 1 foot. Excuse the photos as this is just a cheap point and shoot and not my Nikon d70s.
sdc10124medium.jpg

sdc10121medium.jpg

sdc10123medium.jpg

sdc10122medium.jpg

I am very pleased with the results from the McR27 reflector. If you want flood with a giant spot for some serious wide angle illumination this light is it.

Before anyone ask, no it's not for sale. :)

wolfy

Enlightened
I just purchased a Longbow capsule kit to upgrade my LongBow Mini with an XM-L, but looking at the beamshot maybe I should have purchased a PR head for it also (I do love the beam from the McR27)... :shrug:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased a Longbow capsule kit to upgrade my LongBow Mini with an XM-L, but looking at the beamshot maybe I should have purchased a PR head for it also (I do love the beam from the McR27)... :shrug:

It's never to late.:poke:

sambo

Newly Enlightened
Where did you purchase the cree XM-L from? I also have Longbow micra with a twisty tailcap and would like to set it up like yours.

I have had this combination for a few years without any motivation to mod it with any of the new LEDs, that is until the Cree XM-L came along.

The Longbow sports a PR head from the Sandwich Shoppe, it's powered by one 17670 through a 3 speed board(Max 1.4). I didn't need a super pocket rocket but this light does put out quite a lot of light.

Anyway now that this beatiful light has a new lease on life, time for the pictures.

sdc10114small.jpg

sdc10115small.jpg

sdc10116small.jpg

sdc10117small.jpg

sdc10120small.jpg

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it possible to repost these photo's?.

Yes. Good ole imageshack nuked all my photos. I use google now for all my photos.

Since I still have this light I will take some more and post them here. I need to upgrade the LED in this one to something a little newer, maybe and Olson square with a great Hi cri tint and output.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I have one coming and wanted to upgrade with the PR head.

I would be interested in the Osram Olson.

It is a hard one to find. Nice score!

Is yours a twisty or clicky? I need to upgrade the clicky in mine as it is the old kroll and it is aweful.