Wolf Eyes CH-02 Charger: good for charging JetBeam 18650 and similar batteries?

DualMonitors

Newly Enlightened
Hi All:

I'm a newbie to the world of 18650. i have one Wolf Eyes Sniper P5 6A flashlight (bought new roughly 2 years ago), which came with one LRB-168A Wolf Eyes battery (flat top) and one Wolf Eyes CH-02 charger. That's how the Sniper P5 6A was packaged, as a bundle, so I bought the "bundle" as is, particularly since i don't have ANY 18650 at all to begin with.

Now, fast forward to today: i'm waiting for my new JetBeam III Military XM-L, which performs best with an 18650. Well, my option would be to buy a Pila charger, and buy a JetBeam 18650 battery (as the JetBeam seem to be conservatively rated in terms of mA and of higher quality). The Pila charger is around $50, the JetBeam 18650 is around $10. That's a whopping $60 for a charger and one battery for a JetBeam III Military XM-L flashlight that's less than $90!!

I'm asking for advice here: is the Wolf Eyes CH-02 charger good for charging "regular" 18650 batteries? I'm not the type who would like to have a second-rate charger, such as the Ultrafire 18650 charger, knowing that the Pila has extra safety measures built-in.

I would be grateful to learn from the good folks here about the wise way to have the best 18650 charger and which is the best 18650 battery. That way, I can feel my new JetBeam III Military XM-L the best "food" it needs to perform its best.

Thanks in advance.

member 6142

Newly Enlightened
Hi All:

I'm a newbie to the world of 18650. i have one Wolf Eyes Sniper P5 6A flashlight (bought new roughly 2 years ago), which came with one LRB-168A Wolf Eyes battery (flat top) and one Wolf Eyes CH-02 charger. That's how the Sniper P5 6A was packaged, as a bundle, so I bought the "bundle" as is, particularly since i don't have ANY 18650 at all to begin with.

Now, fast forward to today: i'm waiting for my new JetBeam III Military XM-L, which performs best with an 18650. Well, my option would be to buy a Pila charger, and buy a JetBeam 18650 battery (as the JetBeam seem to be conservatively rated in terms of mA and of higher quality). The Pila charger is around $50, the JetBeam 18650 is around $10. That's a whopping $60 for a charger and one battery for a JetBeam III Military XM-L flashlight that's less than $90!!

I'm asking for advice here: is the Wolf Eyes CH-02 charger good for charging "regular" 18650 batteries? I'm not the type who would like to have a second-rate charger, such as the Ultrafire 18650 charger, knowing that the Pila has extra safety measures built-in.

I would be grateful to learn from the good folks here about the wise way to have the best 18650 charger and which is the best 18650 battery. That way, I can feel my new JetBeam III Military XM-L the best "food" it needs to perform its best.

Thanks in advance.

You may find this thread some how useful
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...charge-Trustfire-protected-2500-mAh-batteries
I.e.: WE charger is recommended only with WE cells.
Then http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...sumer-Li-Ion-quot-cradle-quot-charger-roundup... is very informative as well.

Best