Question about Zebralight

trialt

Newly Enlightened
I recently ordered a Zebralight H501w.

However in the mail today I received a flashlight that takes a cr123 battery.

From the warm tint and battery that it takes I am guessing it is an h31w or h31fw.

By dilemma is I can not figure out whether it is the h31fw or h31w and this is causing me too much agony. Is there a good way to tell the difference. Since this is my first Zebralight I am not sure I can tell the difference between the floody and regular beam just by looking at it.

I would appreciate any help.

P.S. -I plan to keep this light since I like it anyway, I have sent their customer support an email and asked that they send me the t H501w correctly this time and that I'd like to keep the flashlight they sent me :)

JA(me)S

Enlightened
I'll ask the obvious question first: what did the label on the box say?

- Jas.

edit: Oh, and where's my manners...:welcome: - we'll get this figured out!

Last edited:

trialt

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the suggestions, I believe my lens does look kind of frosty, then I went to their website and took a closer look at the pics and Rexlion is correct, the h31w lens looked more clear than the one I have so I guess this means I have the floody version. But I am verry happy with the tint and the small size :)

@Ja(me)s - thanks for welcoming me to the forum. The light was packaged in this brown box used for mailing and the only label on it was the shipping label.

JA(me)S

Enlightened
Yup, if your light's glass looks like this you have the H31Fw:

zebralightgroundglass.jpg

Enjoy, glad you got it figured it out!

:thumbsup: - Jas.