Long lasting spotlight.

darfel

Newly Enlightened
Hey all I am new around here. But this forum looked to be a good place to find some answers.

I just got back from a weekend at a cabin / lake. We were trying to use some cheapo spotlight to see critters (racoons/ other things) across the lake but the one we had would only hold a usable charge for about 5 seconds.

I am wanting one that could hold a charge for at least a few hours so we could walk around and spot stuff. Along with be nice and bright.

DaveG

Enlightened
Welcome, I am no expert but you may want to start looking at led spotlights for longer run time.

darfel

Newly Enlightened
No real set budget, but don't want to drop to much.

So i would say around 100 or less...

Btwigg90

Newly Enlightened
Glad to see i'm not the only one with this problem, I too am have been looking for a spotlight that can reach out there, but at the same time can last for more than just a few minutes.

Vinniec5

Enlightened
Take a look at the Streamlight waypoint and E-Spot litebox. The waypoint can run on C-batteries or direct 12 volts its handheld. The E-spot is a firedept style spotlight It's heavier but can last 7 hours on high (540 lumens) and 17-18 hours on low 330 lumens. The lite box is a nice light for a cabin/hunting shack where power isn't avail, it come with a 12volt car charger cord