Please dont tell me you can...

lovetohunt93

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, I will start off by saying I am new to this forum. I recently baught my first Surefire flashlight, an E1L Outdoorsman. I got the light because it was small and from what I read has decent battery life.

Now on to my question, If I am reading correctly you can customize/modify Surefire flashlight/flashlights in general right? Why would one do this?

Right now I am a huge Archery addict already, if it wasnt for Archery I would have a LOT more money (you guys know how stuff like that goes).

Now if you tell me I can customize flashlights.... Just please dont tell me this is so, its really gonna hurt my bank account... Another addiction would not be good. :devil:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greetings lovetohunt93. :welcome:

There's good news, and there's bad news.

The good news is that you've found a place where lots of people own the same high quality Surefire flashlight as you and they would be more than happy to pass along any info that will help you get the absolute most enjoyment out of your new purchase.

Ah,well...ahem (cough-cough) the bad news is that you can customize that light and that even thinking about such a thing will likely lead you down the path of becoming a flashaholic.

This can be a really fun thing but it's a good idea to hold onto your wallet tightly while you enjoy the ride. :broke:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modding surefire gives you a feeling of being successful,
You can achieve a better output by doing so
Modding your favorite light dont mean that you are killing it
You are giving it a new life.
I was pulling myself after i purchased my E2e, now L1 is dragging me again(I considered it before E2e)

nbp

Flashaholic
If you want to mod Surefires, your best bet would be to get one that is P60 compatible, like a 6P, C2/C3, Z2, etc. These take any P60 sized lamp assembly, so you can buy new LAs with the newest emitters from custom makers like Malkoff, Nailbender, Moddoo, Kerberos and others to your heart's content. Then you will start boring them to take 18650s for better battery life...adding custom titanium clips and nifty steel bezel rings...cerakoting.. and it's all downhill. :devil:

:welcome:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Bad news, friend..

transgressor3.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Man, Halo, that is so cool every time I see it. :drool:

Oh, and lovetohunt, if you are looking to save money, modding lights is the cheap route; CUSTOM lights are the ones that will kill ya. Whatever you do, don't go to the Custom lights subforum. :eek:

Hey, I saw that! You're going there right now, aren't you?! :naughty:

jh333233

Flashlight Enthusiast
If youve trained a skill from modding flashlight
you can even use it to kill other's wallet:twothumbs