• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

QTC EL Caps

Curt R

Enlightened
Forget about Gold, the price of Brass has trippled and has
become hard to get from my supplier in the size that I need.
To cover the increase we are adding $5.00 USD to the cost
of the smaller lights, and will see if that covers the larger
lights or if we need to increase those by more. That would
include the 17500 size and the NP series.

Curt

eNonsense

Newly Enlightened
Wait a sec, you said "forget about" them, but then said you were raising the price to cover the price increase for brass? Does that mean that there will be no brass el caps at all, or that they will just be more expensive?

I really think a good number of people buy your lights because other companies don't offer the material. It's very unique and classy. I'd be willing to bet you'd still sell the lights if you had to bump up the price a bit to cover the costs of continuing to produce them.

Wait a sec, you said "forget about" them, but then said you were raising the price to cover the price increase for brass? Does that mean that there will be no brass el caps at all, or that they will just be more expensive?

I really think a good number of people buy your lights because other companies don't offer the material. It's very unique and classy. I'd be willing to bet you'd still sell the lights if you had to bump up the price a bit to cover the costs of continuing to produce them.
Um, I think Curt was being tongue-in-cheek: he was referencing the huge increase in the price of GOLD. I don't believe he is forgetting about continuing to run some Peak lights in brass, with a small up-charge to offset material cost.

Curt R

Enlightened
If you invested in Brass two years ago verse Gold, you
would have made a greater profit today!

Curt

peakfreak

Newly Enlightened
I don't mind paying a fair price. So, any info on when the Brass El Caps will be out?

sassaquin

Enlightened
Me too!:thumbsup:
Couldn't resist also ordering a Shasta brass 3 led old style N battery for $15 off "specials" page.

jorgen

Enlightened
Me too!:thumbsup:
Couldn't resist also ordering a Shasta brass 3 led old style N battery for $15 off "specials" page.

I think you will enjoy the Shasta. I have had mine for about a week and use it quite often. It has a very nice floody beam which is excellent in low light situations.
I'm holding off on the El Cap waiting for the pocket version.

Bronco

Enlightened
Bronco the Volcan has A Logan optic 17mm--El Cap 15mm optic
Thanks
Bob

Many thanks for the quick response, Bob.

One other really quick question if you don't mind. I see it mentioned in the description for the 17500 Logan that the light will also run on alkaline AA batteries. Is there a reason that alkaline only is specified, or will eneloops, L91 lithium primaries and 3.0V li-ion primaries also work?

Bronco

Enlightened
Many thanks for the quick response, Bob.

One other really quick question if you don't mind. I see it mentioned in the description for the 17500 Logan that the light will also run on alkaline AA batteries. Is there a reason that alkaline only is specified, or will eneloops, L91 lithium primaries and 3.0V li-ion primaries also work?

Oops, hold the phone, Bob. I was reading the description for the SS Logan 17500. I now see that my question was answered in the affirmative in the description for the HA Logan 17500. Sorry about that.

My question then becomes, if I order a Logan QTC SS 17500 flashlight with the key body, could I also order an extra single CR123 pocket body battery compartment as an accessory?