Which Flashlight Is The Best Thrower?

xlanc3

Newly Enlightened
I really cant decide on which one to get. A Tiablo A9 Aspherical or a Dereelight. Any sugesstions on which model to get or any other flashlights? I am looking for a flashlight with ridiculous throw(e.g. DEFT). Replies are greatly appreciated.

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably the form factor of a Tiablo, Deereelight or DEFT :)

I don't think the Tiablo Asperic A9 is still made (maybe you are looking for a used one). The DEFT EDC is now out. I guess you need to put a dollar value on what you want to spend and exactly what kind of performance you are looking for.

All throw with a narrow beam or good throw with a wider beam? If it's for pure throw you've pretty much already listed the usual suspects.

samm

Newly Enlightened
I don't have either of the above, but I really love my ThruNite Catapult V3 which is 2x18650's. Also my Fenix TK35 is a great light but I've read some don't call it a thrower, but I do. Also 2x18650.

Luminater

Newly Enlightened
About 50,000 lux 2X18650 = Thrunite Cat V2 V3 , SanwayT40C , Oright M31 M3X SR51, etc...

About 50,000 lux 2X18650 Budget = Skyray STL-V2 45-50$

pinhead

Newly Enlightened
how about a d-mini r2 with turbo head ?

I second this. Lumapower D-Mini EX2 with Turbo Force Head (and the optional D65 power extender) is one of the best throwers I have ever seen.

xlanc3

Newly Enlightened
I was looking for a narrow beam that can throw far. I heard that Dereelight is pretty high on the list for throwing. I just dont know which model it is.

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking for a flashlight with ridiculous throw

It's not official as yet but we could have a new king of throw right here with the NEW

Elektro Lumens SR90 2200 Lumen of pure tight throw

Updated now with 4 x18650 Li-ion's So on high run time will be 1.25 hours to 1.5 hours, and on low at least 12 hours run time.
read all about it here http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sh...0-LED-Search-and-Rescue-2200-Lumen-Flashlight
Search-Rescue-1.jpg

cheers

Last edited:

Rikr

Newly Enlightened
xlanc3,
I have the Dereelight DBS-V w/ aspheric head and XRE-R2 and the Tiablo Asperic A9 and it's to close to call which will throw further. Kit-Tronics still sells the Tiablo and Head. They sell both
there and Greer is a super nice guy and will help you out with all your questions. I think the new Tiablo A10G R2 Tactical 260 Lumen Smooth Reflector is one to think about also, I think he told me it would out throw the A9...Here is their link http://kit-tronics.com/xcart/home.php

Last edited:

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
Need a little clarification. How many batteries are you looking to put in this light? I mean you could do an Olight sr90 which might actually thro farther than the sun.

xlanc3

Newly Enlightened
xlanc3,
I have the Dereelight DBS-V w/ aspheric head and XRE-R2 and the Tiablo Asperic A9 and it's to close to call which will throw further. Kit-Tronics still sells the Tiablo and Head. They sell both
there and Greer is a super nice guy and will help you out with all your questions. I think the new Tiablo A10G R2 Tactical 260 Lumen Smooth Reflector is one to think about also, I think he told me it would out throw the A9...Here is their link http://kit-tronics.com/xcart/home.php

Whats the difference with the R2 or xp-g R5? brighter?