TK-35 knocks Sox off!!!

RoBeacon

Enlightened
I ordered my TK-35 on tuesday 10-25-11, It arrived today Thursday 10-27-11....
I took it into a dark closet at work and fired it up. At first I was like this isn't as bright as I thought it woudl be. I needed something to compare it to. I pull out my Quark AA2 R5 and say, WOW. Durring the day tests aren't that great. Comparing to the quark I realized, at night this will be like having the sun in my hands. I did a quick beamshot will my Cell phone. From left to right Quark AA2 R5, 3D M@g, and Fenix Tk-35.
IMG_20111027_120436.jpg

IMG_20111027_120449.jpg

Last edited:

regulation

Newly Enlightened
Sometimes, you just won't know how powerful and bright a light is till the night.

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should try shining the Tk35 on the beam of your car's headlamp, it will totally erase it. :)

I've never dared looking straight at the LED when its on TURBO. i heed the warning in the manual: "May cause permanent eye damage" But I have strobed wild dogs and cats and they run away scared.... hahah...

Great thing about this light is that it can throw quite well, even with many light sources around, such as lamp posts and other light sources.

In total darkness its like a light sabre (or search light) cutting up into the dark night sky. :)

But it has a weakness: in heavy rain the range is drastically cut short, i think the more yellowish light have better penetration through heavy downpours. (like my good ol' Quark AA2 S2)

How's the tint? :)

subiya

Newly Enlightened
great torch, it was my first real light and still the best and most versatile. Enjoy.

Jackasper

Enlightened
I know what you mean. I got mine a few weeks ago and could not wait for it to get dark. Of the 35 lights that I have bought, not one of them had been over 500 lumen untill this point. So I was pretty excited. 800+ lumen, this is gonna be great. Right? Well it wasn't what I expected at first. Honestly I was kinda bummed untill I brought out some of my other lights and realized how much light that thing actually puts out. Fortunately, I live in the woods, miles away from any city light and can experience true darkness. That is where it really shines. It's almost like a spotlight but with extremely bright spill. Awesome light to say the least...

SkyPup

Newly Enlightened
I've got two TK35s and love them, they have got to be the best overall useful quality light for the money.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
You should try shining the Tk35 on the beam of your car's headlamp, it will totally erase it. :)

I've never dared looking straight at the LED when its on TURBO. i heed the warning in the manual: "May cause permanent eye damage" But I have strobed wild dogs and cats and they run away scared.... hahah...

Great thing about this light is that it can throw quite well, even with many light sources around, such as lamp posts and other light sources.

In total darkness its like a light sabre (or search light) cutting up into the dark night sky. :)

But it has a weakness: in heavy rain the range is drastically cut short, i think the more yellowish light have better penetration through heavy downpours. (like my good ol' Quark AA2 S2)

How's the tint? :)

I'm not real excited by the tint, its kind purpley compared to the R5 in the quark. Either way though at night its a monster and you can't tell when there aren't other LED's around to compare to. It wasn't a super clear night last night here in Fl lots of debris in the air that made the beam very vissible and I felt like it really cut a good amount of throw out.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
So you 'came out of the closet at work'? :D

Do like the form of these.

Nope I stayed in there with my flashlights... Decided to be Asexual and just love myself and my lights. I'm posting from my phone. LOL J/K yes eventually I came out UGH......

RoBeacon

Enlightened
The TK-35 is a sleeper for sure. It really does take something to compare it to before you respect it IMO. My friends were really impressed by the throw on high. When I clicked to Turbo they were almost confused with how much light was comming out of it. They couldn't even fathom it.:shrug:

Harv

Newly Enlightened
I've owned mine for about 6 months. My first high end LED. After much research, I settled on the TK35. I chose well. The light still amazes me. I take it with me every night when walking the dog. Still puts a smile on my face when I click it on Turbo. I like the UI, very simple and straight forward. The size and how it feels in my hand is great. Everyone should have one in there collection.

CyberCT

Enlightened
Awesome, you just picked up what might be the most useful XML light in the market. And by that, I mean by size, max output, modes, cost, weight, and waterproofness (yes, mine's been underwater many times, the screws will rust though. I bought replacements but should have been stainless).

This light has "just" the right amount of flood vs throw, making it the most useful of all my lights as if the reasons above weren't enough.

hivoltage

Enlightened
I sometimes just take mine out and shine it towards the woods for no reason other than to say Wow!! It usually lights up some deer eyes deep in the woods.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
I was curious about the IPX-8 Standard on this I was a little untrusting of it because of the screws. I don't want to take it apart if I don't have to just to check if it looks like it won't leak. My Quark goes under all the time and has had no problems. I'm guessing the buttons are sealed really well???

Awesome, you just picked up what might be the most useful XML light in the market. And by that, I mean by size, max output, modes, cost, weight, and waterproofness (yes, mine's been underwater many times, the screws will rust though. I bought replacements but should have been stainless).

This light has "just" the right amount of flood vs throw, making it the most useful of all my lights as if the reasons above weren't enough.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
The "WOW" factor was still getting me on me 200+ Lumen quark and i've had it about a year and a half. Now with the TK the "WOW" factor bar has been raised quite a bit.

RoBeacon

Enlightened
Hey I just reached my 100th post and I am officially a flashaholic cool!

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TK35 is either the biggest small light or the smallest big light... not sure which... maybe both! :party:

This light is a must have for me for times when I want to turn the night into day with a compact, very potent, hand held light. I use my smaller lights more day to day, but the TK35 is wonderful to have on hand when the little day to day lights don't quite cut the mustard.