Streamlight MS: A Week Later

ds960

Newly Enlightened
After a week of using the MS daily, I have come to the conclusion that is is a very good light for what it is, and it lives up to it's claims, esp. with the Energizer L92 battery installed. Not shabby for a $13 flashlight.

However, it has some drawbacks, namely:

The switch is difficult to depress. ( I hear with MS, that's normal.)
The threads on the body of the light and the tailcap have lost their anodizing, and it is difficult to remove (it squeaks and binds)
I have lost the ability to lockout the switch because of the loss of the anodizing.

And least of all, I have discovered it is too short for my hand to hold comfortably.

I think it makes a fine backup EDC. I'll look for my next one, and so far I have eyed the 4sevens Preon 2, Preon 1, and I really want the SWM V20C...***drool***

Just my .02 review.

varmint

Enlightened
I have carried mine for almost a year and I accept it for what it is just a good solid EDC little light, I have only had the tailcap off 1 time to lube it, just no reason to do so, I like the firm tailcap switch, I dont see any reason to lock out with that firm of a switch, just my thoughts. The clip gets bent if it hangs on something but easy to rebend, I did have to replace an oring but thats it in a year. On a 2nd thought look at an Olight I3, they are great.

Racer

Enlightened
The lack of tail cap lockout isn't a big deal for me, but the squeak when I turn the cap is annoying. Mine still hasn't left my pocket though and it's been at least a couple weeks that I've had it.

+1 for the Olight I3. It's a great little light too.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
After a week of using the MS daily, I have come to the conclusion that is is a very good light for what it is, and it lives up to it's claims, esp. with the Energizer L92 battery installed. Not shabby for a $13 flashlight.

However, it has some drawbacks, namely:

The switch is difficult to depress. ( I hear with MS, that's normal.)
The threads on the body of the light and the tailcap have lost their anodizing, and it is difficult to remove (it squeaks and binds)
I have lost the ability to lockout the switch because of the loss of the anodizing.

And least of all, I have discovered it is too short for my hand to hold comfortably.

I think it makes a fine backup EDC. I'll look for my next one, and so far I have eyed the 4sevens Preon 2, Preon 1, and I really want the SWM V20C...***drool***

Just my .02 review.

Just send it back,yours has faulty anodizing if it is coming away after a week.You find it to short,odd as it is one of the longest out there in AAA format.

ds960

Newly Enlightened
I sent an email to Streamlight CS, we'll see how they respond. Since I lack proof of purchase (I stupidly threw it out) I don't expect them to do anything whatsoever, and if they don't, I understand.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sent an email to Streamlight CS, we'll see how they respond. Since I lack proof of purchase (I stupidly threw it out) I don't expect them to do anything whatsoever, and if they don't, I understand.

Lesson learned,always keep your pop for at least as long as the warranty lasts.