Should I get the TT 2L?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 1L in the house, a TL-3 xenon on the way for the truck and a L4 for EDC. I'm trying to justify pulling the trigger on one. $32.99 shipped from Amazon. I don't really need a 2L, but that's not what this is about. Is it..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jhereg

Enlightened
Of course you should get one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif My TT2L is significantly brighter than my 1L. I like it, but do not carry it around every day. I think it makes a really good car light. It is a good all around flashlight. If it was the size of my E2E I would gladly carry it around all day. (Of course then it would be an A2 & cost 4* as much.)

Andy

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
TT 2L is my primary EDC!

I'm thinking of using up "dead" 123s in my 1L.

I keep a 3C in a door pocket in my truck.

I think the Twin Task series is the Bang for the Buck of this time!

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a 1L on the way to use up used 123's. I just wish my 2L would focus as tightly as my TT3C /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
I have a 1L in the house, a TL-3 xenon on the way for the truck and a L4 for EDC. I'm trying to justify pulling the trigger on one. $32.99 shipped from Amazon. I don't really need a 2L, but that's not what this is about. Is it..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You have owned this light so why the ?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
jtivat said:
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:

[/ QUOTE ]
You have owned this light so why the ?

[/ QUOTE ] I have a 1L. Question is do I need a 2L. Actually I'm just hoping somebody will post a reason so I'll convince myself to get it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
tkl said:
but that's not what this is about. Is it..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Well there is your answer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course you need the 2L!!!

You have one cell and three cell lights, you NEED a two cell light!

Personally I have the 2L and the TT-3C

I'm not all that crazy about the 3C, not sure why, but I love the 2L!

GregR

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TT 2L gives quite a bit more performance than the 1L for very little increase in size and weight.

I haven't turned on my 1L for months, I have a 2L in the glovebox and like it so well I bought another to keep in a drawer in the living room.

I also have the TT 3AA and the 3C. I think the 2L is the best mix of handy size and capability of all of them.

You won't regret buying one.

Have you got a Pelican M6 yet?

BC

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was PlayboyJoeShmoe's fault I got the 2L /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and I have not regretted it at all. Get it and never look back. Might want to check out Brightguy.com the 2L for $29.95 and you can get a 2 pack of xenon replacement bulbs for $5.25.

Mike

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my second 2 L TT. I also have two 1 L's, they are, well, great.

I just returned from a vacation at the beach with my grandkids; they went through two sets of batteries in the 1 L's I let them use. Lots of sand crabs are having nightmares about the hunting skills of the little rug rats (all crabs were returned to their home).

For the GROWN UPS, the 2 L TT is MUCH brighter with the Xenon, brighter with the 3 LED's and has much increased run time with either.

I have all of the TT's (except the 2D) and consider them all around lights of the best quality. The price is simply unbelievable.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roy-

I have both the TT-3C which I bought first and the TT-2L. I will admit the 3C is brighter, but I much prefer the 2L. Maybe because I find it handier.

Both have their place, the 3C because it takes easily available batteries and the 2L because it's more compact and it doesn't take commonly used batteries.

Kid don't have any toys that use 123's. Ever had the kids steal your flashlight batteries for their toys? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GregR