Spark ST6 500CW Mod!

robostudent5000

Enlightened
vinhnguyen54 has upgraded emitters on a few ST6-220 and 360 lamps i think.

but a 500... what would you mod it for? it already has the brightest LED in there. they sell a neutral version if that's what you want. it comes with a diffuser lens if you want flood. i'm at a loss for what else you would want. are you talking about modding the mode sequence or something like that?

Last edited:

fraggle

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking like external battery pack or a concentrated spot beam lense instead of the standard Spot/Spill

mikesantor

Enlightened
I have been going back and forth about pulling the trigger on one of these for a while. An external battery pack would be sweet. 2 18650s would be love.

robostudent5000

Enlightened
I was thinking like external battery pack or a concentrated spot beam lense instead of the standard Spot/Spill

someone in one of the ZL H600 threads mentioned the idea of using a spare tailcap with a dummy plug and a cable to run the H600 off of a battery pack. seems like that idea could work with a Spark.

a thrower beam could probably be had by finding a narrow angle TIR that fits where the existing reflector fits now. but really, i would think that there are better options out there than potentially messing up a $100 headlamp for that.

Last edited:

fraggle

Newly Enlightened
The tailcap is a great idea for a batterry . Im going to send a email sugestting the idea to spark. Most likely they wont do anything with it but what the hell its worth a try!

robostudent5000

Enlightened
The tailcap is a great idea for a batterry . Im going to send a email sugestting the idea to spark. Most likely they wont do anything with it but what the hell its worth a try!

here's a link to the thread and post where the idea was originally mentioned.

fraggle

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the Links

I sent spark a email here is their respones:

Hi,
The external battery pack is one of our 2012 plan, your suggestion about how to do it on ST6 is under our consideration now.
regards,