solid gun safe recommendations, small about 2'x2'x2'

socal8080

Newly Enlightened
haven't seen any posts about this here, maybe i'm posting on the wrong fourm, but.....i'm looking for a solid smallish safe. any advice would be apperciated. I'm looking at a Cannon H series, but am looking for any more feedback. Budget would be about 500ish. Moderator, please feel free to repost in an appropriate spot. thanks

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know specifically but I'm going to comment anyways.
With a safe that small it's going to be imperative that you've got it well braced into the structure of your building unless you've filled it with lead or gold, just prying the thing loose and opening it later would be the standard operating proceedure.
You want it not only braced and bolted into studs and joists but also in such a place that a thief can't get to either side in order to pry it loose. -Back in a narrow closet or with some built in cabinets around it.
I pretty much have to rely on hidden in plain sight myself , but with such a small safe I'd hide it as well, or else make it prominent and well anchored, full of lead and concrete, with my valuables at the bottom of the laundry hamper or the recycling, etc.

Wrend

Enlightened
Hmm... that gives me an idea, but then I suppose it's illegal to booby trap a safe with explosives and nails...