M1X replacement

Carrotsworktoo!

Newly Enlightened
I bought an M1X a few months ago, primarily to mount on a rifle I use for rabbit hunting. As a thrower, I'm pretty disappointed. I believe I have a V4 with the shallow regflector and the hotspot is too wide for throwing distance. I should have saved myself £30 and got an Olight M3x as these blow the M1X away. I guess I just like Jetbeams!

Anyway, I've subsequently got an RRT-1 R2 version for my rifle and this throws very, very well.

However, the M1X has become my spotting light and dog walking light now, but I can't help thinking I could buy something better. It doesn't have to be a monster thrower, in fact spill is pretty important, particularly for mid distance.

So please can you suggest something that will move the game one from my M1X without being overly narrow beamed or floody.

Was thinking of an M2S? Catapult? 2x18650 preferred.

Ideas guys?

ScaryFatKidGT

Enlightened
Catapult doesn't have much spill its rather narrow, Id just get the M3X but look at the Sunwayman T40CS

TEEJ

Flashaholic
For walking around, but seeing more...a large flood, or a beam with floody throw, is typically what you want....as for a walk, you tend to find a small circle of light hard to see things with...you have to make a lot of passes with the beam to stitch together the entire object, etc.

If you want 100-200 yards of floody beam, in a two 18650 light, the Klarus XT20 is pretty sweet....deer bodies are easy to see even 250 yards away, you get about 2 hrs or more at 1,200 lumens with a nice tint. :D

It has a 10 lumen low and a 370 medium as well, with a super simple UI...one button = on/off, partial for momentary, full to click....plus a second button to change brightness or hit the strobe.

It can also take four CR123A's as a dual fuel option.

The form factor is somewhat unique, in that it has two heads. One head has an OP reflector, the other is smooth....but you only see one beam that both has throw and flood. Its great for searching, because you can see so much at a time...even pretty far away.

Its also made to be weapon mounted, and can use a remote pressure switch that actually lets you also work the modes, etc...pretty sweet set-up.

So, if you want something different that ups the game, that's a pretty appealing option to add to the ones above.

Carrotsworktoo!

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions so far guys, I'll look up the Crelant and Sunwayman models. I've seen the Klarus but will do some research.