custom laser help

BAMF36

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I am interested in building a custom laser. I have seen some videos online where the laser body was a maglite and the laser diode was taken off of a DVD burner. If anyone could provide links to a tutorial or tell me what I need that would be awesome!

Thanks!!!
P.S. the one that I saw could pop a balloon and light a match, I am looking for something like that.

dellasu

Newly Enlightened
I bought one laser pointer before, it is 2000mW easily to pop balloon and light match. You should buy high power laser pointer.

firelord777

Enlightened
Hey guys,

I am interested in building a custom laser. I have seen some videos online where the laser body was a maglite and the laser diode was taken off of a DVD burner. If anyone could provide links to a tutorial or tell me what I need that would be awesome!

Thanks!!!
P.S. the one that I saw could pop a balloon and light a match, I am looking for something like that.

I've been itching to mod one of my flashlights to a laser, but I can't find a guide on LPF (CPF equivalent of laser enthusiasts) to do so, when you find something let me know eh?

Cheers:)

Eidetic

Newly Enlightened
But that entire forum (LPF) is all about building lasers with flashlight bodies. I'd look closer.