Remove tail cap on eagletac g25c2

tmt

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know how to remove the tail cap on the eagletac g25c2? I want to replace the default tail cap with the glow in the dark one. Thanks.

jcalvert

Enlightened
Hello fello Michigander,

To replace the switch boot from the tailcap, you'll need a tool with fine or pointed tips that will fit the tiny holes straddling the battery contact such as tweezers, scissors, or maybe mini needle-nose pliers, but strong enough to tolerate a bit of torque. Place the tips of your tool into the holes and rotate counter-clockwise until the entire switch assembly can be removed. Then remove the metal washer at the bottom along with the rubber switch boot which can pushed out from the exterior. Make the exchange, reverse the sequence and your done. Be sure to re-tighten the switch firmly before you replace the tailcap to the light. Enjoy!

All the best,
John

tmt

Newly Enlightened
Hello fello Michigander,

To replace the switch boot from the tailcap, you'll need a tool with fine or pointed tips that will fit the tiny holes straddling the battery contact such as tweezers, scissors, or maybe mini needle-nose pliers, but strong enough to tolerate a bit of torque. Place the tips of your tool into the holes and rotate counter-clockwise until the entire switch assembly can be removed. Then remove the metal washer at the bottom along with the rubber switch boot which can pushed out from the exterior. Make the exchange, reverse the sequence and your done. Be sure to re-tighten the switch firmly before you replace the tailcap to the light. Enjoy!

All the best,
John

Thank you for the quick answer, really appreciate it.

sierra 18

Newly Enlightened
Perfect for me too. I just got my G25C2 today, and was wondering how to do that, and now its done!

I have the full accessory kit, so with the extra battery capability and the colored diffuser lenses, I look forward to some very cool night time photographic effects in timed exposures.

Best,

Chris