Anyone mod Surefire R1 Lawman tailcap into a clicky?

Lodogg2221

Newly Enlightened
Looking for someone to mod my R1 Lawman tailcap into a clicky version.

Have an extra....anyone able to do such a thing?
Button appears to be the same size as the G2X/6PX lights, though internally, its a larger diameter, so I assume just putting a current clicky switch isnt as easy as all that.
Any takers on the challenge?

Id think from the R1 thread, there could be some interest if successful.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
you know in these cases first sayer is first doer...
If I ad pics of the internal I (and several others ) would guide you through the process...

Lodogg2221

Newly Enlightened
Have decided to undertake this myself. My previous plan didnt work out well, so as they say, sometimes you just have to do it yourself.
Would have been cheaper too had I just done it then as well. But thats the chance you take....

I had a spare already since Surefire sent me one a while back to be sure the one I had wasnt defective.
Since I had that, I didnt care too much about the internals on the other one, so I had at it with my drill press and got it apart.

Oddly enough, the threaded insert is smaller than the diameter of the outer portion. Very obvious once the mechanical switch was out.
I heated it per the instructions for the McClicky and voila, apart the rest of it came!

It looks strikingly similar to the 6P sized switch assembly. The button is EXACTLY the same. Nearest I can tell from my crude measurements, the rest is the same too.
Already ordered the McClicky from Oveready, and when it gets here I will know for sure.

Tiresius

Enlightened
Once the mod goes into motion, there's no way to go back. Definitely no way to return the light for warranty repairs.

Latest posts