Best FIREFIGHTER right angle light. Any recommendations?

firefightergotoguy

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. My name is Ed, I'm a fireman and I am looking for any advice on right angles. Currently I use a Pelican 3715 at work and I'm extremely happy with it. I also had a lil Ed LED and a Big Ed, but I'm always looking for the next best thing. Anyone tried a foxfury?

FoxFury

Newly Enlightened
Hi Ed. We just got our Breakthrough BT2 and BT3 right angle lights in this past week so you should see feedback from firefighters in the near future.

gsr

Enlightened
The First Light USA Tomahawk is an awesome right angle light, available with multi color LEDs in addition to white. I can't promise it is the best light for your particular application, but it is worthy of concideration.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Foxfury,
Will you help me understand why your new series is so expensive? Besides the fact that it's a device being used by emergency services, why does it cost $200 for a 600 lumen light for only 2 hours of light. And after the 2 hours does it still operate on low?
Thanks.

-Alex

firefightergotoguy

Newly Enlightened
Thats a good question. I think they're more of a mom and pop kind of thing. Maybe thats why. The only thing I wasnt crazy about was the bottle opener on the light, as it may send the wrong message to the public.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't even notice that part. That's disturbing to me. And the switch on the side that doesn't appear to protrude nearly at all. Hopefully I'm wrong about it, we will have To see what others thinks

-Alex

Bigpal

Enlightened
I would like to put in a vote for this one, which includes the charger.

Rechargeable pack (back up with alkaline)
< 1lb.
waterproof
drop-proof
spare bulbs
fast recharge
somewhat reasonably priced
made in USA

Thank You For Your Service​

Last edited:

FoxFury

Newly Enlightened
Foxfury,
Will you help me understand why your new series is so expensive? Besides the fact that it's a device being used by emergency services, why does it cost $200 for a 600 lumen light for only 2 hours of light. And after the 2 hours does it still operate on low?
Thanks.

-Alex

Hi Alex.

Fair question. These lights were designed specifically for firefighters to cut through smoke better than other firefighter lights on the market. We used premium materials including a brighter LED, deeper reflector and thicker housing than other right angle flashlights on the market. The result is a more durable light that throws farther and cuts through smoke better.

There are 2 Breakthrough models, the 200 torch lumen BT2 (MSRP $125.99) and 600 torch lumen BT3 (MSRP $199.99). The BT2 has a 2 degree beam and is better at cutting through smoke. The BT3 has a 3 degree beam and provides a larger hotspot.

The Breakthroughs cost more than other right angle lights and less than hand-held box lights. The Breakthroughs do a better job at cutting through smoke than both right angle lights and box lights used in the fire service....this was verified in a test (using a light meter) that we'll add to our blog in the next week or so.

I'll get back to you regarding your battery life question.