The Loot Book - Minimalist wallet that has been given a proper second chance at life.

ama230

Enlightened
Once again we are looking at a product that the normal everyday person, like me, can enjoy.

There is a trend starting with my reviews, with majority of them having the theme of Eco-friendliness. Most of the companies out there want to make something of their own when they do not actually own anything they are borrowing materials in a non-responsible effort.

NOTE:

The products and companies I do reviews for are not paying me and nor do I work for them. I am simply doing an honest review of a product that will allow the consumer to have a responsible choice while still maintaining proper function.

The product I am going to do a review for anybody that hates their butt cheeks falling asleep whilst sitting. The Loot Book is a thin wallet using re-purposed materials, so they get a functional second chance at life. Some would qualify it as a minimalist product, and then when you compare an android device vs. a windows pc, you can see the process/function was overcomplicated to begin with.

Specs:

Dimensions: L x W x H(Thickness) = 3.55" x 2.75" x .25"

Material: 2 Sides ( Recycled Bamboo ) The Band (Recycled inner tube)

Purpose:

It allows the user to eliminate unnecessary bulk in their wallet while maintaining proper function. It should allow you to carry up to five credit cards and up to 6 bills comfortably in back pocket without much notice of it being there. They say not to do this as its wood and may break but I have done it for a month and there have been no issue whatsoever.

Now for the good stuff, THE PICS!!!!!

The first picture is of the front of the wallet with a nature background. It is right next to a solar light of mine with the rough dimensions of a CD.

2012-11-03170122.jpg

Then the second shot is of the back of the wallet and as you can see it looks nice!

2012-11-03170242.jpg

Third picture is of the front of the wallet but in close up so you can see its real bamboo with a nice burn to it so it hardens it. Then you can see that they laser cut the name of the product which really looks sharp in person.

2012-11-03170349.jpg

Fourth shot is of the back in close up and you can see they laser etched the company website. Simple yet sophisticated.

2012-11-03170419.jpg

The fifth picture is of the wallet in my hand, in real use with one hand. You can see that I have it loaded with a few cards and few bills but I will pull them out in the next picture.

2012-11-03170225.jpg

The sixth and final shot is of the wallet dis-assembled with the same contents as in the previous picture above. It still maintains a slim profile while securely holding together.

2012-11-03171811.jpg

The wallet is very easy to use but does take some getting use to.It took me a couple of weeks to slowly get rid of cards and ids and just carry the ones I actually use on a daily basis.

Then for the general idea of being green is stated below as most think its a gimmick but its a lifestyle that allows those in the future to have something.

As physics states: Nothing can be created or destroyed but can re-purposed in a more efficient manner.

I will give you some prime example below that would qualify to be responsible and easy to do:

1. Using a glass or a plate more than once without washing it.
  2. Folding toilet paper and getting more than one wipe.
  3. Take a shower every other day.
  4. 4) THE MOST IMPORTANT: USE ONLY WHAT YOU NEED!

You can probably relate to these, if when you look into a mirror you see yourself last.

To all of those who have read my reviews and comment, thank you and hope to keep it coming!

Thank you,
Eric Ramirez
ama230

Last edited: