• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak's turnaround time? Hints, anyone?

No really

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just ordered an El Cap, directly from the Peak LED site. My first order from them in awhile and... Previous orders have been hot&cold, shipped within a week sometimes, 3 or 4 'prompts' before my light was shipped, other times.

So what are people's recent experiences? It's a brass pocket narrow version, if that matters--

Blueskies123

Newly Enlightened
I still cannot figure out their web site. All the options have abbreviations that I cannot figure out and they do not explain the differences. What is a lug?

No really

Newly Enlightened
A lug is an attachment point on the base of the light. It is a relatively heavy, integral part of the battery tube, running the length of the diameter, semi-circular in aspect. On the Eiger, it projects one-quarter inch at its highest part, and has a well centered one-eighth inch hole for lanyards, key rings, etc.

On Peak's Eiger and Eiger Ultra X pages, the bottom light in the photo, made of brass in both, shows the lug. If you don't need a switch, it's the way to go

Norm

Retired Administrator
I still cannot figure out their web site. All the options have abbreviations that I cannot figure out and they do not explain the differences. What is a lug?

This flashlight is a Lug Version.

matterhorn-ss-3led.jpg

Image borrowed from Parnass from elsewhere on CPF

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the keychain version, and it accepts either the keychain post or Peak's momentary switch. With the keychain post, the light can be easily removed from a keyring, and it can tailstand. The momentary switch is just that - spring loaded for light as long as it's compressed, but not a constant on clicky.

P1010620.jpg

No really

Newly Enlightened
I am glad the lug question has been answered, but still curious about Peak's current order date/ship date situation...

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Robyn,

The SS body and heads look absolutely brilliant. Does it come with that shine or did you polish it to that finish?

Norm

Retired Administrator
Robyn,

The SS body and heads look absolutely brilliant. Does it come with that shine or did you polish it to that finish?

I think from the lights I've seen the image I copied is closer to how the lights arrive from Peak.

Norm

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Polishing a light is rather labor intensive and would add considerably to the cost, so the example posted by Norm is typical of production lights. But a higher level of polish is actually pretty easy to achieve. Brass is by far the easiest. SS bodies and heads take a little bit longer but can be polished to a near mirror finish (especially the smooth or shaved bodies). I like my Peaks really shiny but seldom need more than ten or fifteen minutes to get there. The big SS Night Patrol is one of those exceptions - took an hour. Check this thread for some polishing tips:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?273976-Show-Off-Your-Polished-Brass-Peaks

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
This flashlight is a Lug Version.

matterhorn-ss-3led.jpg

Image borrowed from Parnass from elsewhere on CPF

Here is another photo of my SS Eiger and SS El-Capitan. Both heads appear to be somewhat polished from the factory.

eiger-vs-el-capitan.jpg

However, I bought a Peak SS Caribbean a few years ago. The head and tailcap were unpolished and butt ugly.

caribbean-ss2.jpg

No really

Newly Enlightened
Well, the answer is in. Order placed 12/04/2012, order shipped, 12/14/2012, order arrived TODAY, 12/17/2012! Well done and Merry Christmas to all of those who make Peak LED Solutions what it is!

The El Cap is a magnificent pocket light, the 14500 cell is the way to go--

IMightBeWrong

Newly Enlightened
I purchased my first Peak, an Eiger Ultra Keychain in Neutral, on Friday of last week and it was literally in the mailbox Saturday, the VERY next day. I guess I do live pretty much 30 minutes from them, though.

CouldUseALight

Newly Enlightened
Ordered Jan 3rd, no tracking or response to email yet. :fail: If I leave work today with no word order's cancelled.

EDIT 1/17: They got back with me. Communication is key. :popcorn:

Last edited:

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have had some parts of mine for over a year with no communication in the last 6 months or so. Communication is great. Lack of communication is painful.

At this point, I am almost out of Peak lights completely. I like them, just can't wait so long between updates. If I order them now, it would be from O-R.

eala

Here is another photo of my SS Eiger and SS El-Capitan. Both heads appear to be somewhat polished from the factory.

eiger-vs-el-capitan.jpg

However, I bought a Peak SS Caribbean a few years ago. The head and tailcap were unpolished and butt ugly.

caribbean-ss2.jpg
Bob, I have several of the older version, smooth body, thick-tailed SS Peaks like you show here but all of mine have fairly nice, polished heads and tails. Yours seems like an anomaly to me. None of mine are that gray. Interesting.