Replacement Tri-XPG2 Light-engine modules for Mac Tri-EDC lights.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Mac,

It would be really nice if you offered upgrade tri-XP-G2 light engine modules for your tri-edc lights so that existing tri-edc lights that have been purchased from your loyal customers can be upgraded to the latest and most efficient emitters.

Especially in the case of really expensive lights such as the Damascus Tri-EDC.

Anyone else feel the same way?

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I presume that the LE are
Modular and can be interchanged within flashlights of the same series.
My first Mac is still in transit and I am glad to learn about this.

Ben

I have several mac Tri-EDC of several generations (Lux RC and AMC7135 driver with the stars) - they don't always interchange as the threads are not the same of the LE. I think the new LE fit on each other no problem. So it may very much depend which generation you have.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The threads are the same on all of the Tri-EDC's. The issue is that I try to make the LE to head fit as tight as possible for better heatsinking. Tolerances can vary a couple thousands of an inch per batch so *rarely* LE's are not interchangeable do to tight threads. For the replacement LE's I'll just make them a few thousands undersize and there should not be a problem.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ben

I have several mac Tri-EDC of several generations (Lux RC and AMC7135 driver with the stars) - they don't always interchange as the threads are not the same of the LE. I think the new LE fit on each other no problem. So it may very much depend which generation you have.

Thanks for chiming in Mohan. I have since received the pair of Mac. Xpg2 an xpe2 respectively. Both have the AMC7135 (I can hear the whining sound too :). ) . Having tried both over 2 nights, it does live up to its reputation. It is really hard to believe that so much light is coming out of something so small.

It is good that Mac has clarified on some of the intricacies of the LE fitment protocols.

D2000

Enlightened
D2000.
You don't need any replacement on yours. It is already the latest and i suspect that it will be awhile before you need to consider this path.
:)

Oh cheers Ben - I was only seeking info just in case I gave in to further temptation(madness) and wanted a optional tint to be able to drop in. I suppose its my way of whittling away the time until i can wrap my hands around the new masterpiece coming my way.

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh cheers Ben - I was only seeking info just in case I gave in to further temptation(madness) and wanted a optional tint to be able to drop in. I suppose its my way of whittling away the time until i can wrap my hands around the new masterpiece coming my way.

You will get them in a bit. Plus it gets dark quickly at this time of the year. So you can turn night into day. Just be sure to get that IMR fully loaded when the light gets there.
:)

D2000

Enlightened
Haha already got them on charge man. I bought 2 AW IMR 18350's and a Nitecore Intellicharger i2. That way i'll always have a fresh cell ready.

CMAG

Enlightened
Are these Tri-XPG2 modules still for sale?
tints?
How to order?
[h=2][/h]