Power On Board 35Watt HID

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I just bought this Power On Board 35watt HID from Techjunkie on here. Here's some photos.

manual exposure 1.4 sec shutter f/3.5 ISO 200

445yds

DSCF4642.jpg

Last edited:
Impressive, I myself only have an Ebay HID but i find the size bit of a hinderance to use it on a regular base. You have a specific use for this light?

Parker VH

Enlightened
You can't beat the POB's for the money even though they are big and bulky.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Impressive, I myself only have an Ebay HID but i find the size bit of a hinderance to use it on a regular base. You have a specific use for this light?

I bought it for the wow factor. Saablaster said he tested his at 530Kcd. That's pretty wicked. That's why I bought this one. I paid $100 shipped for it. I bought it from Techjunkie on here.

I just bought another one that is basically the exact same as the POB.

It's a AmondoTech 3152 HID Searchlight 4300k. I paid $40 shipped for it. But the battery was bad. So I took the one out of my POB and put in it. I ordered one off ebay for $17.45 shipped.

a9ce837b9a6853904b8813dc1e25b4dd.jpg

Here's how it throws.

manual 2 sec shutter f/3.5 ISO 200

445yds

DSCF4727.jpg

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
And here's a little closer up of that picture above this one.

AmondoTech 3152 HID Searchlight 4200k 445yds man 2 sec shutter f/4 ISO 200

DSCF4734.jpg

BVH

Flashaholic
Don't see many Amondotech Illuminators any more. I've got my original but it must be older as it does not have the protected switch on top. It has the simple rocker under the handle. 4200K stock lamp versus the POB 6000K. Nice bluish/green body color. This might be from the period when MattK first bought the Amondotech business. These are nice sized lights with great power. I retrofitted mine with and 55 Watt slim ballast, putting out 46 Watts at the lamp. Ballast fits right in the stock ballast tray. A very clean and easy mod. Stuck a couple 4S/4200 mAh, LiFePo4's in the back for more run time and to shed a few pounds. 111 Watt Hours versus 88 for the 7 Amp SLA

Last edited:

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
I'll compare them head to head on the exact same camera settings once I get my other battery.

But this one is a thrower as well.

AmondoTech 3152 HID Searchlight 4200k 300yds man 2 sec shutter f/4 ISO 200

DSCF4747.jpg

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Don't see many Amondotech Illuminators any more. I've got my original but it must be older as it does not have the protected switch on top. It has the simple rocker under the handle. 4300K stock lamp versus the POB 6000K. Nice bluish/green body color. This might be from the period when MattK first bought the Amondotech business. These are nice sized lights with great power. I retrofitted mine with and 55 Watt slim ballast, putting out 46 Watts at the lamp. Ballast fits right in the stock ballast tray. A very clean and easy mod. Stuck a couple 4S/4200 mAh, LiFePo4's in the back for more run time and to shed a few pounds. 111 Watt Hours versus 88 for the 7 Amp SLA

So does it out throw the original?

Fibo

Newly Enlightened
I have the Light before 3 Years.......
Nice one for the Money and the Throw is great for a 35 Watt Hid:)
Why i have sold it......i do not know....
I think i needed Money for other Lights:)

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS

Enlightened
Don't see many Amondotech Illuminators any more. I've got my original but it must be older as it does not have the protected switch on top. It has the simple rocker under the handle. 4200K stock lamp versus the POB 6000K. Nice bluish/green body color. This might be from the period when MattK first bought the Amondotech business. These are nice sized lights with great power. I retrofitted mine with and 55 Watt slim ballast, putting out 46 Watts at the lamp. Ballast fits right in the stock ballast tray. A very clean and easy mod. Stuck a couple 4S/4200 mAh, LiFePo4's in the back for more run time and to shed a few pounds. 111 Watt Hours versus 88 for the 7 Amp SLA

The guy I bought it from told me he added that switch. He dsigned it so the red hood protects the switch I'm guessing, and to turn switch back off, all you do is close the red hood.