Panasonic 4000mah 18650 coming in 2013??

splaer

Newly Enlightened
http://translate.google.com/transla...cial.data/data.dir/jn091225-1/jn091225-1.html

Press release from panasonic utilizing a silicon based negative electrode and lower average discharge voltage of 3.4v with a 4000mah capacity.

Makes me wonder when flashlight companies will adjust or allow a lower discharge voltage or programmable (ie. Armytek Predator) since even the 3400 panasonic cells can be discharged to 2.5v safely.

This is also my first thread started so take it easy on me..

Victorinox

Newly Enlightened
Similar cells are already produced by Sony. They have a 3500mAh 18650 cell, which is called Nexellion. It has nominal voltage of 3.4V too, and claims to be silicon-based.

splaer

Newly Enlightened
Good point. Didn't see the date stamp on that. Since 3400 just came out to the public I would think it still would apply for there next release.. that's a long release schedule but we are talking about batteries, so it wouldn't surprise me.

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
with all the different charge voltages they are comming out with, a charger that can change parameters might become usefull?
this one says 4.2 still, but you got the 4.35s and the different "nominal" as these chemistry changes. The watts total being an interesting item when the nominal (or even general discharge) voltages change.

Last edited: